The Chief Data Analytics Officer is responsible for developing a firm-wide datamanagement strategy in support of rapidly changing business environment including the development of data mining & insights, governance, analytics and positive EBITDA programs. This leader will develop and implement data structures through the use of a Data Lake and semantic layer for the management of all types of data supported topromote more consistent information firm-wide and company wide applications. This includes decision support, business intelligence, customer relationship management, datawarehousing, meta-data repositories, and operational data stores
- Create a 3-year data and analytics vision unique to Hub and provide the overall leadership for the development and implementation of data solutions as a key component of HUB's business strategy. Set the overall planning and developing theroadmap of an enterprise wide data management function and best practices across all appropriate regional businesses.
- Develop an in-depth, hands-on, understanding of Hub's systems of records and datamodel, utilizing the data within these systems, coupled with external data sources tocreate meaningful insights. Test and rollout a series of revenue/margin generating programs, and deliver strong EBITDA results.
- Drive value through strategic reporting of key performance measures, identifying businessopportunities and creating strong business cases led by data. Drive the advanced analytics agenda by leading initiatives around customer segmentation, propensity modeling, recommendation engines, and machine learning additions.
- Collaborate and help educate the business on the value of world-class datamanagement, analytics, business intelligence, and operational capabilities.
- Understand the broker/carrier ecosystem and develop strategies through the use ofHUB's data to form tighter relationships in the ecosystem and generate increased revenue (e.g., contingents).
- Partner with senior HUB executives to evaluate book roll consolidation programs with carriers.
- In conjunction with the Chief Information Officer, create a technology roadmap anddata visualization capabilities for HUB stakeholders, making data more accessible fordecision making.
- Develop and oversee information data management, standard guidelines and procedures to ensure the right level of risk and protection for HUB in concert with the Chief Information Security Officer.
- Serve as an expert advisor to HUB's senior leadership team in the development, implementation and maintenance of a data infrastructure. Build the trust andconfidence needed to effectively deal with sensitive issues and situations. Provide guidance and advocacy regarding prioritization of business and technologyinvestments that impact data management.
- Present to the Executive Management Team on matters related to datamanagement.
- Drive and guide the collaboration of enterprise-wide initiatives to ensure the datawarehousing and reporting supports the analytics to make data driven businessdecisions.
- Responsible for the strategy and direction of data architecture for reporting, designexpertise in data marts, data warehouses and business intelligence enterprise andreporting.
- Shares responsibility with Marketing for business intelligence/customer relationship strategy and management processes. Shares responsibility with the Chief InformationSecurity Officer for data privacy and security.
- Monitors and analyzes technology and business intelligence trends and conduct external and internal benchmarking assessments. Analyze, recommend, and implement approved counter measures.
- Recruits, motivates and develops a high performance leadership team that delivers consistent value to the business as a trusted advisor and partner.
- Collaborates and helps educate the business on the value of world-class date management, analytics, business intelligence, and operational capabilities.
- Ensures the team is appropriately staffed with the required competencies and foster a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Author the Data Management Framework and maintenance requirements
- Minimum 15 years of progressive data insights, governance, administration, design, analytics and business intelligence experience in roles of increasing complexity.
- Depth of knowledge in data management and business intelligence strategy across a broad spectrum of technology infrastructure and applications where digital andmobility is increasingly important.
- A proven track record transforming a complex enterprise with multiple disciplines andstakeholders into a strategically aligned enterprise with consistent governance andcommon data structures where possible
- A demonstrable subject matter expert with a proven track record leading large scale datamanagement initiatives possessing a strong external network, including government agencies, industry associations, and security firms.
- Large scale company platform experience is preferred. Exposure to a distributed matrix oriented environment would be an added plus.
- Demonstrable experience working with senior business leaders and exposure to theBoard of Directors would be ideal. This position requires effective communication across the senior leadership team to keep the business informed of HUB's data strategyand industry trends. Past experience working at this level is strongly preferred.
- Past experience working "hands on" with large data sets and developing insights that drive business strategy is critical to the role.
- Experience working in a customer focused and results oriented environment and inbalancing consolidation and standardization needs with the business needs is required.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines and working with all facets of IT infrastructure and IT operations.
- Ideal candidate will have served as a Data Analytics Officer at an Insurance Broker, Insurance Carrier or in Consulting.
- Strong technical foundation to include an undergraduate degree (Economics, Statistics, Operations, Econometrics, Applied Math), ideally an M.B.A. or advanced technical degree.
- Proven experience successfully building, leading, directly, and indirectly managing a team of data and technical experts
- Strategic Orientation as evidenced by an ability to understand the business context inwhich the data solutions are being developed and designed to ensure alignment with Hub International's business strategies. A strong business sense and ability to clearly define the solution needs in the context of the business environment is critical.
- Results Orientation as evidenced by a track record of delivering data solutions with material EBITDA impact on time, within budget, and that routinely exceed the businessprocess expectations and the financial return on investment targets of the businessusers. Demonstrate the ability to optimize execution and results versus settling for what is simply most practical, cost-effective, or easiest to execute. Needs to be organized, structured and diligent in setting time-bound objectives and navigating roadblocks andeliminating barriers to successful attainment of those objectives
- Team Leadership that is able to attract and develop a highly skilled team. Mustdemonstrate flexibility in style to bring out the best in people with different backgrounds and working styles, while unifying them in purpose, role clarity, and expectations related todeliverables. Must have a passion for the mandate and instill that passion within their team while also promoting the highest standards of ethics and compliance.
- Collaboration and Influencing as demonstrated by the ability to build meaningful relationships in a large enterprise across functions, levels and geographic borders. Must beskilled in communicating complex ideas and must be open to ideas from others.
Department Information Technology
Required Experience: More than 15 years
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)