MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) is currently looking for a Chief Engineer (CE) to support work at Quantico.. The CE shall be capable of collaborating on designs, able to assist with requirement deconstruction, and review work products to ensure sound technical solutions. The CE shall be able to provide feedback to the team on the quality of solutions and recommend improvements or changes if required.
The CE will work with ROU to provide competent technical leadership and responsible project direction through successful performance of a variety of detailed, diverse elements of project management tasks. The CE will collaborate with Unit Architect to ensure work products are aligned with the overall unit strategy. The CE will direct completion of tasks within estimated timeframes and budget constraints, while interfacing with client counterparts when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer and Information Security, Computer Security, and/or Network Administration from an accredited university/college with ten (10) years’ experience; Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related scientific/technical field with seven (7) years’ experience; PhD in Computer Science or related discipline with four (4) years’ experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 10 years of relevant experience.
- Able to collect requirements and turn them into designs and action plans for team to execute.
- Candidate shall be capable of reviewing technical capabilities for use with new requirements.
- Candidate shall have experience with VMware vCloud and Virtual Desktop products.
- They shall have an understanding of firewalls, routing, switching and othertelecommunications systems. Knowledge of various VPNtechnologies such as IPSEC and SSL encrypted tunnels.
- Able to integrate Cloud Provider services such as Virtual Private Servers (VPS), Dynamic DNS, and Web Hosting.
- Understanding of Windows Environment Design, Linux Deployment and Integration with other Operating Systems.
- Some Apple OSX experience.
- Strong leadership and communication skills are critical.