Design electrical control systems for custom & standard products. Provide a source of technical electrical and controls engineering support for anyone in the company, but, primarily for the engineering department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentor engineers on all of the electrical and controls equipment used to manufacture equipment by the company.
- Keep apprised of the latest technologies applicable to cleaning equipment.
- Help expedite resolution of problem areas.
- Review customer specifications as needed.
- Assist in continuing engineering department training classes, receiving support from Director of Engineering, Chief Engineer, Engineering Project Managers and others as needed.
- Act as the main technical controls liaison between engineering and other departments in the company.
- Support the Company"s Quality Program objectives.
- Supervise the engineering controls group
- Oversee 'machine safety' design initiatives along with the Chief Engineer.
- Design electrical control systems for custom & standard products.
- Review Engineering job file and design products to meet applicable specs.
- Interact and communicate with customers and other engineering staff members as projects dictate.
- Oversee CAD drawing package generation of projects including customer approval, wiring schematics & panel layout.
- Oversee or generate bill of material, estimate cost of purchased items, and requisition all necessary material and components.
- Oversee or design PLC and HMI logic using products from many different manufacturers.
- Assist engineers, electricians and customer with debugging and machine runoffs.
- Other functions as directed.
Supervise the engineering controls group, may assist in the training of new employees.
Education and/or Experience:
- College degree in electrical or controls engineering with 10 years of technical experience.
- Must have component level knowledge and AutoCAD / AutoCAD Electric experience as well as have a comprehensive technical knowledge of the parts cleaning industry.
- Must possess an expert level knowledge of computers and PLC's.
- Also must have knowledge and experience with 8D problem solving.
- Position requires multiple projects be handled at one time.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and/or in writing with all employees, all departments, supervision and management.
- Must be able to present information to groups of employees, customers, vendor's etc.
Must be able to perform advanced level mathematics reasoning (algebraic formulas and trigonometry for example), as well as calculations consistent with the design of controls in the cleaning equipment industry.
Must be able to periodically travel to customer's jobsite for startups, machine commissioning and warranty work as dictated by project. All projects to not require travel, most stays are from 1 to 2 days, some could be more.