The Purpose of Your Role This position will be responsible for leading the compliance support for Fidelity’s retirement and healthcare businesses. The Workplace Investing division helps over 20,000 businesses manage their retirement and equity compensation programs for over 28 million participants. Fidelity’s Health Care Group administers employee benefits programs and payroll services for over 2,000 clients.
Together these businesses focus on meeting the unique needs of a diverse set of customers. In this role, you will proactively lead these compliance programs and provide strong oversight of all compliance-related matters impacting these businesses. You will be a thought leader and partner with business leaders, providing general advice on compliance matters and mitigation strategies for key compliance risks and findings. You will provide regular updates to executive leadership teams and the Audit Committee on the state of these compliance programs, highlighting key areas of risk or concern and the remediation measures.
This position is also responsible for driving the continuous improvement of the compliance programs, while responding to all relevant legal, regulatory and legislative inquiries and changes in a rapidly changing and competitive environment. We are seeking a candidate with a strong legal, compliance or audit and operational background, who can thrive in a challenging, dynamic work environment.
Our group is passionate about modernizing compliance through the use of data analytics, process automation and enhancements to our digital experience for Fidelity employees. The ideal candidate will share that passion, by leveraging technology to find innovative solutions to help modernize compliance across the firm, a key priority for the function.
The ValueYou Deliver
- Oversee the compliance organization, working collaboratively across multiple functions to manage and monitor key operational, technology, financial, and other risks that could negatively impact Fidelity’s customers or businesses
- Understand applicable laws, regulations, industry standards, and related ethics compliance issues within a large, complex financial services institution
- Proactively identify gaps in key control environments and risk profiles for the these business
- Develop solutions and lead any required remediation of compliance gaps to completion
- Regularly conduct environmental scans, canvassing internal and external sources (Legal, Litigation, Client Management, Regulatory, Industry fines) to anticipate and stay informed of changes in the dynamic compliance and regulatory environment impacting Fidelity
- Actively engage in all internal and external audit engagements affecting the business, and provide timely follow-up/remediation as needed
- Deploy programs, resources, tools and creative solutions to simplify understanding of key compliance risks and create needed focus to mitigate/manage them
- Contribute your thought leadership and collaboration to the Compliance Executive Committee and the broader compliance community across Fidelity
The SkillsYou Bring
- Demonstrated ability to establish executive-level relationships based on trust and reliability
- Thinks critically and strategically through business issues
- Strong executive-level communication skills and presence – with ability to speak with impact, influence outcomes; simplify complex topics into actionable recommendations for decision-making
- Innovative thinking to solve complex problems with no established precedence while balancing risk, speed, accuracy and embracing pace over perfection
- Experience working with Agile operating environments
- Proven track record of attracting, developing and motivating high performing teams
- High degree of integrity and strong work ethic; orientation toward action and results; positive attitude
- Working knowledge of data analytics and how to leverage technology to increase effectiveness of compliance program and management routines; strong process orientation
How Your Work Impacts the Organization In this role you will develop and maintain strong working relationships with Fidelity senior management, providing timely awareness of key risks, issues, results and metrics. You will also represent these businesses on the Compliance Executive Committee and all Fidelity-wide compliance activities, as well as leading firm-wide compliance initiatives as appropriate.
The ExpertiseWe’re Looking For
- Knowledge in one of more of the following areas required: defined contribution, defined benefit, equitycompensation administration and/or healthcare administration
- Brokerage and advisory experience a plus
- Experience working with regulators a plus (FINRA, DOL and IRS knowledgeable)
- Typically 15+ years in the financial services industry, compliance, legal, risk and/or auditexperience
- JD or MBApreferred