UnityPoint Clinic is comprised of more than 1,200 physicians, advanced practice providers at over 280 clinics in communities throughout Iowa and Illinois. UnityPoint Clinic provides services in:
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- A wide variety of specialty services
At the root of the UnityPoint Clinic organization are the physicians who direct its operations. Functioning separately and autonomously from its hospital affiliates, UnityPoint Clinic has an independent board of directors and maintains independent not-for-profit status.
To ensure that physicians maintain local control, a practice management committee, regional medical director(s), and a director of operations govern each UnityPoint Clinic region. From the physician complement, each region elects two physicians to the statewide physician executive committee. This committee is charged with setting the strategic direction and vision of the organization.
Additional physician leadership is provided to various operational initiatives including: electronic health record, quality, compensation, retirement and service.
UnityPoint Health is one of the nation's most integrated health systems. Our physician-led team of professionals communicates clearly and effectively to address a patient's health care in the most appropriate setting: whether that is clinic, a hospital or at home. Through relationships with more than 280 clinics, 29 hospitals in metropolitan and rural communities and home care services throughout its regions, UnityPoint Health provides care throughout Iowa and Illinois.
UnityPoint Health consists of eight large geographic regions identified by a major city in each region. Our regions work together and have access to the resources of the UnityPoint Health network and maintain the ability to provide compassionate care to the local community.
Our regions include:
- UnityPoint Health - Cedar Rapids
- UnityPoint Health - Des Moines
- UnityPoint Health - Dubuque
- UnityPoint Health - Fort Dodge
- UnityPoint Health - Peoria
- UnityPoint Health - Quad Cities
- UnityPoint Health - Sioux City
- UnityPoint Health - Waterloo
UnityPoint Clinic provides primary and specialty care at more than 280 clinic locations, while UnityPoint at Home serves the home health care needs of patients and families across all our regions.
UnityPoint Health entities employ more than 30,000 employees, working toward innovative advancements to deliver the Best Outcome for Every Patient Every Time. Each year, through more than four million patient visits, UnityPoint Health, UnityPoint Clinic and UnityPoint at Home provides a full range of coordinated care to patients and families. With annual revenues of $2.7 billion, UnityPoint Health is the 15th largest nonprofit health system and the fifth largest nondenominational health system in America.
- Serve as a role model for ethical management behavior and promote an awareness and understanding of positive ethical principles and compliance with federal and state law in all areas of compliance, risk management, and privacy.
- Serve as a member of the leadership team and lead all areas related to compliance, audit, privacy, and risk management.
- Serve as the internal compliance, privacy and risk management consultant for the organization coordinating all activities from a system perspective. Respond to all compliance inquiries from management, providers, and staff members.
- Provide overall responsibility for the development, implementation and administration of a comprehensive, organization-wide compliance, risk, and privacy program.
- Ensure enterprise compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations and organizational policies.
- Monitor regulatory environment for proposed or existing regulations that may impact Unitypoint Clinics operations.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting results of compliance efforts and providing guidance to the Board and Leadership Team on all matters related to compliance, risk and privacy.
- Work with the management team in the design, implementation and monitoring of compliance & risk management initiatives to ensure adherence to compliance standards.
- Work with Chief Financial Officer to coordinate acquisition of all business related insurance.
- Oversee acquisition of medical malpractice insurance and administration and management of self-insurance for providers.
- Provide support in reviewing contracts to determine compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Regularly review compliance and risk management programs, recommend appropriate revisions and modifications, and advise administrative leadership of potential risk areas.
- Develop and oversee implementation of appropriate compliance-related education for new employees and existing staff members.
- Develop and oversee implementation of appropriate privacy management education for new employees and existing staff members.
- Develop and oversee implementation of appropriate risk management education for new providers and existing providers.
- Identify and evaluate liability risks within Unitypoint Clinics working closely with the Regional Leaders.
- Work with the quality management team in the design, implementation and measurement of clinical process improvement initiatives to ensure high levels of quality performance and adherence to compliance standards.
- Establish effective mechanisms of communication with staff, providers, and the management team to foster an environment of openness, trust, teamwork and staff development.
- Coordinate internal investigations related to compliance issues/concerns compiling information for review with Compliance Committee to determine appropriate action.
- Coordinate as appropriate with legal counsel related to compliance issues/concerns for development of appropriate policies and processes and/or research and investigation of potential risk areas.
- Meet with providers and/or staff to discuss compliance related issues requiring action.
- Participate in Compliance Committees at both affiliate and system levels.
- Support an environment of innovation, learning, teamwork and professional practice, consistent with the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Provide resources to help ensure all organization services, policies and procedures are in compliance with agency standards, regulatory mandates, accrediting bodies and federal, state and local regulations as appropriate.
- Work closely with appropriate departments to verify that all employees, independent contractors and vendors are properly screened to prevent affiliation with individuals who are excluded from federally-funded health care programs.
- Collaborate with UnityPoint Health affiliates in building strong relationships in areas of responsibilities.
- Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety, HIPAA and Risk Management guidelines as appropriate.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Maintain compliance with Personnel and Standard Operating policies and procedures.
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Chief Financial Officer to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or health care administration or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree or Law degree preferred.
- Previous experience with health care regulatory and compliance issues.
- Knowledge of and experience utilizing statistical and computer modeling systems.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision making and problem solving expertise.
- Knowledge of personnel administration and patient relation principles.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
Requisition ID 2017-36931