The Chief Clinical Officer job will create a dynamic nursing environment, that fosters clinical and professional growth, actively participate with the hospital leadership team, with responsibility and oversight for patient care. You will define and maintain hospital standards in nursing care and practice in accordance with all regulatory requirements and JCAHO standards.
- Prefer candidates with experience in a STAC or LTAC setting.
- Will Establish staffing requirements for recruitment, selection and placement of personnel; verify nurses' credentials and ensure data on qualifications, experience, accomplishments and competency of nurses is maintained
- Ensures inservice training and education to all department personnel
- Recommends space and resources needed by department
- Participates in selection of sources for needed services not available in the department
- Works with Quality Director on improvement projects, assigning personnel to participate in performance improvement activities, providing adequate time for them to do so and offering training
- Plans, develops, implements and controls Nursing Department budget; assist in planning fiscal budget
- Reviews Hospital Plan for Nursing Care on a yearly basis
- Represents Nursing Services on hospital and medical staff committees
- Provides communication mechanisms within Nursing Services and conduct conferences with nurse managers and supervisory personnel
- Develops short-term and long-term goals/objectives consistent with hospital's philosophy; keep administration informed of Nursing Services activities
- Serves as Chairperson of Nurse Council; collaborates with other Nursing leaders
- Participates in Hospital's decision-making structures, working with Governing Board, MBC, Senior Management Committee and Quality Council