Interested in a career with Kindred Hospitals – a place where you can put your heart into and make a real difference in our patient’s lives. Come and grow your career with Kindred Hospitals, a division of Kindred Healthcare. Our culture of caring for our patients and residents begin with our core values – our employees. We are committed to fostering professional growth and dedicated healthcare teams that make us the provider of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that hiring outstanding people is the key to providing quality care – and quality care is what we do every day! Join us! Chief Clinical Officer job will create a dynamic nursing environment, that fosters clinical and professional growth, actively participate with the hospital leadership team, with responsibility and oversight for patient care. You will define and maintain hospital standards in nursing care and practice in accordance with all regulatory requirements and JCAHO standards.
- Establish staffing requirements for recruitment, selection and placement of personnel; verify nurses’ credentials and ensure data on qualifications, experience, accomplishments and competency of nurses is maintained
- Ensures inservice training and education to all department personnel
- Recommends space and resources needed by department
- Participates in selection of sources for needed services not available in the department
- Works with Quality Director on improvement projects, assigning personnel to participate in performance improvement activities, providing adequate time for them to do so and offering training
- Plans, develops, implements and controls Nursing Department budget; assist in planning fiscal budget
- Reviews Hospital Plan for Nursing Care on a yearly basis
- Represents Nursing Services on hospital and medical staff committees
- Provides communication mechanisms within Nursing Services and conduct conferences with nurse managers and supervisory personnel
- Develops short-term and long-term goals/objectives consistent with hospital’s philosophy; keep administration informed of Nursing Services activities
- Serves as Chairperson of Nurse Council; collaborates with other Nursing leaders
- Participates in Hospital’s decision-making structures, working with Governing Board, MBC, Senior Management Committee and Quality Council
Chief Clinical Officer, Chief Clin Off, CCO, Registered Nurse, RN, Clinical Nurse, ICU, Critical Care, Intensive Care Unit, RN, Registered Nurse, Critical Care RN, Medical Surgical Nursing, Hospital, Healthcare, Long Term Acute Care, Transitional Care Hospitals, Leadership, Clinical Operations, CNO, Chief Nursing Officer, Nurse Executive, 78229 #MON-HD#LI-HD
Education: Bachelors degree in Nursing with current state licensure. Masters degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or clinical specialty preferred. Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may substitute for education requirements.
Licenses/Certification: Registered Nurse in the state you are applying for
Experience: Minimum of five years experience in healthcare administration/management with a minimum of two years experience at a senior nursing management level. Minimum of five years experience in hospital management in an inpatient, acute care environment. Graduate level education may substitute on a year-to-year basis for the requiredexperience.
Job Number: 327419