- Manages the relationship between the Internal Audit Department and the Board of Directors and Executive Management.
- Coordinates continuing professional education training for the Directors on the Audit Committee.
- Coordinates interaction with the company’s independent registered public accounting firm.
- Coordinates and supervises external loan review vendors.
- Coordinates compliance with PCAOB Auditing Standard 5 (SOX 404) by reporting the findings, recommendations and remediation to the Disclosure Committee of Management and to the Audit Committee.
- Develops and maintains the Internal Audit Department Strategic Plan, the Internal Audit Department Charter and Internal Audit Department Policies and Procedures.
- Develops a risk-based Audit Plan that aligns the risks being audited with the Corporate Strategic Plan and stakeholders’ objectives.
- Considers and coordinates the scope of work of the independent registered public accounting firms, regulators and other control and monitoring functions.
- Defines department objectives. Department objectives should comply with organizational strategies, risk assessment of organizational processes, and regulatory requirements.
- Develops audit plan, including budgets and manpower requirements
- Directs and supervises work of audit staff; determines work priorities and schedules work assignments; interviews and recommends candidates; evaluates, orients, counsels, and trains audit staff and recommends associated personnel actions.
- Publishes audit reports and evaluates adequacy of management’s proposed remedial action(s).
- Makes periodic reports to the Audit Committee. Presents the Audit Plan and Internal Audit Department Charter and Internal Audit Department Policies and Procedures to the Audit Committee for approval. Provides Audit Committee with reports showing audit plan status and reports of unresolved items, with timeline for resolution by management.
- Serves as backup for Assistant Director of Internal Audit, Senior Internal Audit Managers and Internal Audit Managers during peak periods, employee absences or staffing emergencies.
- Extensive contact with Board of Directors members and employees at all levels in order to gather, clarify and provide information, and to report audit findings.
- Occasional contact with external auditors and regulatory agencies regarding audit policies and procedures, banking regulations and related issues.
- Responsible for the Internal Audit Department’s annual budget, resource allocation and overall performance in accordance with AICPA generally accepted auditing standards and in accordance with standards published by The Institute of Internal Auditors.
This position reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting or business administration.
- 10 years of auditing experience
- Professional designation as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor