Department: Product Development
Our Lead Architect is responsible for driving the architecture, technology selection, and implementation patterns across our portfolio of product lines. You will work cross-functionally across our software engineering teams around the globe to implement cohesive, scalable, and maintainable capabilities for our products. The ideal candidate loves solving technical problems as simply as possible, is passionate about fostering an environment of innovation that delivers, and prefers to explain things to engineers with code patterns rather than pictures. Experience with business analytics and data warehousing is essential for success in this role.
- Partner with our product team to understand business needs, and align those to an architecture roadmap
- Work with and lead the product development teams across each product line to select appropriate technologies and develop architectural patterns for product capabilities
- Coordinate the implementation of architectural initiatives across teams
- Prototype new software designs, technologies, and product features
- Dive deep to understand areas of technical debt, and develop plans to relieve it
- Frequently get your hands into the code to help design, implement, and troubleshoot in critical areas
- Rationalize software components across the portfolio as appropriate
- Maintain a rolling 3-year strategic architecture roadmap
- Create and foster an environment of innovation - advocates and drives change management, enable and model adoption of innovative behaviors and practices
- Document software architecture and designs
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Leadership – ability to lead through influence; exhibits a professional presence and the ability to communicate successfully with all levels of leadership
- Drive & Discipline – ability to focus and work hard to achieve the right results. Thrives working in a fast-paced environment.
- Mental Agility – a keen intellect and comfort with complexity; enjoy tackling new challenges and solving problems
- Mentor – enjoys teaching engineering teams best practices for design and coding
- Detail Orientation – be thorough and consistently deliver high quality work
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. Master's degree a plus.
- 5+ years of experience as a software architect.
- 5+ years of experience developing Business Analytics and/or Data Warehouse products.
- Deep experience with Java and .Net platforms
- Strong SQL knowledge. MDX knowledge a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of Dimensional Modeling techniques
- Hands-on experience with SQL/NoSQL/Cache/in-memory/columnar data stores
- Hands-on experience with cloud DB technologies - AWS RDS, Redshift, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, Cosmos, Azure SQL
- Hands on experience with integration tools for data orchestration and transformation
- Experience with APM and log aggregation tools – New Relic, App Dynamics, Splunk, ELK stack
- Deep understanding of application and environment security
- Ability to learn the latest technologies and be self-started in running proof of concepts to determine how they can be applied to solve needs within the organization.
- Ability to clearly communicate and present ideas and results to diverse business and technical audiences