As an associate, you:
Innovate with us to move healthcare forward.
Give back to the community with volunteer time off.
Fit your role and do what you love.
Grow and develop along a career path designed by you.
Support one another – no one says, “That’s not my job.”
Play hard at beer:30 and team outings – we have a lot to celebrate.
Let life happen with 4+ weeks time off, a flexible work environment, and dress for your day attire.
Live healthy with a comprehensive healthcare plan and wellness program.
Who we want
- Are you mission-driven and excited about building a platform to help achieve human understanding in healthcare?
- Are you a hands-on tinkerer, experienced in the enterprise & cloud technology, data and analytics space, passionate about staying abreast of latest developments and emerging best practices therein?
- Are you savvy in striking the right balance between build vs buy, in support of business and platform strategy?
- As the steward of the current technology stack and future technology roadmap, are you adept at exerting influence across a matrixed organization to ensure alignment on design and implementation decisions?
- Do you enjoy playing the role of teacher, coach and mentor as needed to scale your knowledge across the organization?
What you will do
As the Chief Architect for NRC Health’s technology platform, you will own end-to-end architecture to ensure we continue to innovate and deliver value to our customers in a stable, reliable and scalable manner. Reporting to the VP of Platform, you will be an integral part of the leadership team for NRC’s platform journey, aimed at laying the foundation for NRC’s vision of bringing human understanding to healthcare.
Specifically, you will:
- Own of all architecture and technology decisions related to our platform capabilities. This includes evaluation of 3rd party technologies.
- Develop technology roadmaps in support of the planned business outcomes/goals in partnership with customer-facing leaders and NRC executives. Regularly refine these based on evolving needs of the business, analysis of utilization and performance metrics, and emerging trends in cloud, data, software & analytics technologies and methodologies.
- Forge strong bonds with other engineering leads to drive adoption of architecture decisions and implementation of the technology roadmap across their respective teams.
- Ensure high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability for ongoing development and deployment of the platform; partnering with development teams to ensure predictable, high-quality releases.
- Develop a culture of architectural excellence (formal specifications, design reviews, architecture review board, etc. ) across the technical teams. Via a combination of training, process, coaching and mentoring, ensure that the development teams are well equipped to build deploy and support the platform in alignment with best practices and core principles that the technology strategy & roadmap espouse.
- Communicate progress against technology/architecture roadmap and be a strong voice in prioritization discussions with the relevant stakeholders throughout the organization and select customers
What you need
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field required.
- 5+ years of senior/lead architect experience in technology, data and analytics domains for commercial technology or technology-enabled services companies.
- 10+ years of hands-on development and deployment skills in enterprise software and/ or analytics environments.
- Familiarity with technologies, frameworks and tools used across the entire stack, with deeper hands-on experience in at least one of each. These include :
- Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- SQL (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.) and NoSQL (DynamoDB, Redshift, etc.) databases
- Big Data Frameworks (HDFS, Map Reduce, Spark, PIG/HIVE, etc.)
- Data science/ analysis languages & tools (Python, R, etc.)
- Web service/ application development tools (.NET, Java, Ruby on Rails, node.js, React, etc.)
- Preferred qualifications:
- Healthcare Informatics and/ or Healthcare Technology experience.
- Advanced degree in computer science or related field.