General Dynamics is seeking a Chief Architect at Scott AFB, O'Fallon IL.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Provides high-level architectural expertise to managers and technical staff.
- Develops architectural products and deliverables for the enterprise and operational business lines.
- Develops strategy of system and the design infrastructure necessary to support that strategy.
- Advises on selection of technological purchases with regards to processing, data storage, data access, and applications development. Sets standards for the client/server relational database structure for the organization.
- Advises of feasibility of potential future projects to management.
- Performs advanced systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Serves as a technical team or task lead.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Master's degreepreferred.
- 15-20years of related systems engineering and system architecture development experience.
- Thorough understanding of DoDAF work.
- Security+ or CISSP
15-20years of related systems engineeringexperience.