The Chief Architect - Aerospace Instrumentation (AI) shall provide front line technical interaction with key customers and decision makers in the rugged, deployed, AI market, including the Military Primes and Commercial Aerospace OEMs and Operators. These interactions are to make sure that the AI Group fully understands the customer's present and future requirements. The knowledge gained during these customer interactions allows us to expand key technology areas that immediately support the customer's projected needs and maintain our competitiveness in the market place. The candidate shall be capable of providing multiple alternative solutions to customer's needs based on customer inputs, have an in-depth understanding of the breadth of AI products and come up to speed quickly on these. You will have detailed familiarity with technological advances that can be used to bridge gaps in product offerings. The candidate shall have technical/business inquisitiveness when communicating with customers to offer solutions that benefit both the customer and Curtiss-Wright.
You will provide guidance and be directly involved in the principal AI R&D activities. You will insure product inter-operability, modularity, and feature expandability across all product lines to both expand product utilization and to maintain our leadership in telemetry and avionics business areas. Providing technical leadership during high-level design reviews with customers and internal engineering groups in order to meet these goals.
- Establish the company's technical vision and moderate all aspects of AI technical development
- Meet our customers to align their needs with the company's technical directions
- Assist Sales and Engineering with the development of system solutions in major proposals
- Work in consultative fashion with internal Engineering, Sales, and Operations groups as an advisor of technologies that will lead to improved efficiency and effectiveness
- Augment the CW Support team to resolve customer issues on as-needed basis
- Participate and direct principal design reviews related to new development (R&D)
- Monitor technology advances in the market, specifically as it relates to Curtiss-Wright competitors and their advancements
- Identify technological opportunities and risks
- Recommend the IR&D development necessary to maintain technology leadership
- Demonstrate visible leadership to the Flight Test community at sales shows, consortiums and meetings
- 20% travel is required
- Masters of Electrical Engineering or Computer Science preferred but relevant experience could be considered equivalent
- 10+ years' experience in hardware, software development
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in system engineering
- Excellent communication, planning and leadership skills.
- Hands-On Problem Solver
- Detail-oriented / Analytical / Organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of hardware or software development life cycle
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.