$250K — $500K+*
As the Chief Architect, your responsibilities will be to plan, direct, and coordinate the purchasing, development, maintenance, and use of our technology services, APIs, and data for scale and modularity through cross functional interactions with the platform/infrastructure and ecommerce software teams.
Main responsibilities of your role as Chief Architect, but not limited to:
• Lead by example and serve as a role model for the Engineering org
• Actively maintain and build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust
• Align our technology with the goals of the business and strategic objectives
• Coach engineers in architecture skills and thinking. Mentor and upskill engineers from diverse backgrounds
• Facilitate technical discussions across teams and organizations
• Manage and identify organizational-wide risk
• Work with other software architects, engineering leads and project managers to define software architecture and build prototype of Adorama’s backend software stack
• Communicate cross functionally to drive both engineering and product alignment
• Drive closely with all partner teams to create shared roadmaps and deliver on the company vision
• Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for assessment and improvements.
• Stays current on emerging technical trends, patterns, and solutions for ecommerce. Acts as resident expert for how digital experience and retail are changing and influences business and technical audiences.
• Recommends, leads and participates in solution architecture work to ensure that the architecture strategy is consistent with long-term business objectives.
• Drives execution for large business initiatives and alignment of architecture into business, product and technical plans.
• Aligns solution to platform, data, cloud and reference architecture patterns and capabilities.
• Acts as the end-to-end technical architecture lead for initiatives to communicate design, context and considerations
• Maintains solution views and roadmaps. Ensures these are accurate, pragmatic and actionable within product teams.
• Maintains a consistent solution architecture design. Maintains views into current state, risks and recommendations towards directional roadmaps.
• Acts as lead for technical architecture for one or more business solutions that ensures critical thinking, security standards compliance, collaboration, alignment versus broader architecture decisions and input into roadmaps.
• Finds ways to embed processes, patterns, tooling and automation to improve architectural maturity.
• Updates and maintains technical domain leadership on reviews, risks and technical direction.
• Responsible for ensuring that architected solutions are implemented to standards
• Organizes discussions, planning and technical design for solution with engineering leadership. Helps assist and drive roadmap vision into actionable steps for engineering leaders.
• Mentors engineers in solution architecture practices.
• Shares best practices, lessons learned and constantly updates the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current, and upcoming vendor products and solutions.
• BS/MS in Computer science or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of backend software lead/architect experience, with 5 years architecting and shipping software at scale.
• Deep knowledge in several of the following domains: Microservices, databases, GraphQL, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP
• Experience in designing software systems with security and privacy from ground up, including various data regulatory, compliance considerations.
Valid through: 11/12/2021