West Monroe Partners is looking for an experienced Enterprise Analytics Architect to join our Technology practice and work closely with our Mergers and Acquisitions practice (M&A). This is an exciting opportunity to work within our Technology practice on project work including M&A due diligences, strategic enterprise architecture, architecture of post-merger integrations, and high-level plans for carve-outs.
What will you be doing?
- Assess the underlying technical environment and products within an organization, with a focus on data and analytics assets, to identify risks and opportunities for improvement. Make recommendations on how to achieve long-term scalability, reduce operational cost, or better support business processes. Convey these findings and recommendations to a group of executives, and field questions related to the assessment.
- Evaluate IT and technical development processes for best practices and levels of maturity
- Identify key process issues and risks in the context of an investment thesis while evaluating potential investments for our Private Equity clients
- Formulate projects and strategies to support the client's investment thesis, key risk mitigation, and long-term technology-based initiatives in the form of risk mitigation and post-close projects.
- Demonstrate expertise in designing technology solutions through system integration and application development
- 7-15 years of software architecture with experience in migrations, re-factoring and greenfield development projects
- Experience applying modern software design concepts such as separation of concerns, microservices, service oriented architectures, test-driven development, model-driven development, etc.
- Working knowledge and experience with complex business systems integration, custom data predictive modeling and architecture
- Strong data experience with two or more of the following:
- Data mapping, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Python, R, SQL, Analytics, etc.
- Experience applying Agile/lean methodologies
- Experience architecting solutions using database technologies such as relational, NoSQL, transactional and/or data warehouses.
- Demonstrated experience leading technical engagements including proposal development, estimation, and day-to-day project management experience (time tracking, budgeting, status reporting, etc.
- Familiarity or awareness of application security and secure coding principles
- Experience working within a dynamic, collaborative, and team-based environment
- Desire to lead and mentor other team members or developers while leading projects
- Experience predicting and modeling future state for large data sets is a plus
- BS / Computer Science, MIS or equivalent required
- Excellent leadership, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.