The Chief Accounting Officer is responsible for overseeing all accounting functions such as ledger accounts, financial statements, and cost control systems. Their focus includes regulatory compliance and practices and collaborating with the CFO developing financial strategies.
Responsibilities comprise of:
- Partnering with the CFO to determine accounting and tax implications for all material business decisions;
- Reviewing all documentation and contracts in order to develop and improve internal controls;
- Assisting with quarterly financialreporting - including drafting and reviewing SEC documents, ensuring quality, and administering strict timeline;
- Managing transaction accounting, SOX, the closing process, and otherfinancial controls;
- Overseeing General Ledger functions; assure accuracy, timeliness, and conformity with professional accounting standards and best practices in accordance with GAAP;
- Acting as a liaison to external auditing firms, while owning primary responsibility for the Company?s views on technical accounting matters;
- Collaborating and contributing to the Senior Leadership Team and BOD to improve overall company performance;
- Overseeing tax compliance and strategy, as well as, capital assets;
- Working with senior management to ensure internal compliance
- Possess a good working knowledge of all regulatory requirements pertaining the job function, including, but not limited to, BSA/AML, the U.S. Patriot Act, and privacy laws.
- A Bachelor?s degree in accounting or finance;
- CPA certification;
- Public Accounting background
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in a senior financial leadership position;
- Previous experience managing finance and accounting functions;
- Understanding of tax regulations and compliance
- Banking or Financial Service background
- Experience navigating through complete technical research required;
- Exceptional business acumen.
Strong Compensation Package, Relocation, Bonus, Stock Options..