CHIEF ACCOUNTING OFFICER
Fort Worth, Texas
Salary Commensurate with Skills & Experience
Family office with investments in oil & gas, real estate, agriculture, and philanthropic activity seeks a Chief Accounting Officer who will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. The Chief Accounting Officer will be responsible for financial reporting, daily and period-end accounting activities, general ledger analysis, cash management, cash flow analysis, financial statement preparation, annual year-end projections, and analyzing monthly and year-end budget variances.
Additionally, this position involves collaboration with the CFO and Tax Manager to produce a variety of management reports that are used companywide for reporting, analysis, and planning.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated person who demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style.
· Manage and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and tax reporting for Family Office-owned entities and related assets.
· Perform daily accounting activities, cash management, account reconciliations, and coordination of accounts receivable and payable.
· Collaborate with CFO and Tax Manager on monthly cash flow forecasting.
· Perform budget analysis.
· Maintain journal entries and perform general ledger analysis.
· Perform quarterly and year-end closings and prepare supporting work papers for balance sheet and income statement accounts.
· Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in accounting. CPA required.
· 10+ years of financial accounting experience with privately held, US-based entities.
· Experience with a large public accounting firm and/or Family Office preferred.
· Experience building management and related financial reporting.
· Advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
· Ability to work with multiple entities and intercompany transactions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies:
· Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
· Clear communicator with the ability to interact with owners and senior leaders.
· Superior organizational skills.
· A mature professional with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Valid Through: 2019-10-25