Evolent Health is looking for a Senior Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer to oversee all of Evolent’s financial reporting and accounting operations including accounting, audit, tax, payroll, AR, AP, SEC reporting, and SOX 404 compliance.
The Chief Accounting Officer will report directly to Evolent’s CFO. This is a great opportunity for someone with strong accounting and management skills to lead a finance organization within a mission-driven, fast-growing public company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide strong leadership in leading overall accounting and finance operations
- Support the Corporate Controller in establishing and monitoring strong controls across the finance organization
- Provide senior leadership/ and guidance on strategic impact of various technical accounting issues
- Within hyper growth environment, ensure process and people are in place to deliver timely and accurate monthly finance statements
- Manage relationship and reporting matters with the audit firm and Interface effectively with external and internal audit resources to resolve complex accounting and auditing issues.
- Participate and collaborate with Company programs, projects, and objectives which require extensive communication, change management, and interactions with other finance leaders (e.g., FP&A, investor relations) and the CFO, as well as other functional leaders.
- Be a strategic partner for top management, executives and peers in the senior finance leadership team in the design and development of long-range objectives.
- Support and counsel the Audit Committee and help set the Audit Committee agenda.
- Optimize the team organizational structure
- Active CPA license
- 15+ years of work experience in the accounting/finance field
- 5+ years experience serving as controller in a public company
- Experience in a Sarbanes Oxley Act 404 compliant organization
- Experience in healthcare industry
People and Other Professional skills Requirements
- Relentless desire to excel in and surpass the needs of both internal and external clients
- Enjoy challenges, excellent ability to grasp new concepts; avid learner
- Ability to train, mentor and motivate team members; a strong people leader
- Superior ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong people and process management skills