About Press Ganey
Press Ganey pioneered the health care performance improvement movement more than 30 years ago. Today, Press Ganey offers an integrated suite of solutions that enable enterprise transformation across the patient journey. Delivered through a cutting-edge digital platform built on a foundation of data security, Press Ganey solutions address safety, clinical excellence, patient experience and workforce engagement. The company works with more than 33,000 health care facilities in its mission to reduce patient suffering and enhance caregiver resilience to improve the overall safety, quality and experience of care.
The Chief Accounting Officer/Corporate Controller is responsible for managing the accounting functions of the Company, including financial reporting, billing and collections, accounts payable, payroll, taxes and financial systems. The position is responsible for ensuring the Company's financial statements are prepared timely and in compliance with US GAAP. The position manages a team of approximately 25 professionals. This position can be located either in our South Bend, IN or Chicago, IL office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparation of internal and external financial statements, on a timely basis, pursuant to US GAAP.
- Coordinates activities of external auditors and manages annual financial statement audit.
- Designs, implements, maintains effective internal controls over financial reporting.
- Oversees treasury functions, including cash management and banking activities, with a focus on cost effectiveness.
- Manages financial transaction activities, including billing and collections, payroll and accounts payable and with a focus on accuracy, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Oversees tax activities, including federal and state tax strategy, financial statement tax provision and income, payroll and other tax filings.
- Oversees administration of the Company's credit facilities, which requires detailed understanding of credit agreement terms, including monthly debt service, quarterly compliance reporting, hedge accounting and impact of credit agreement provisions on potential business operating decisions.
- Supports Company's acquisition strategy, including leading accounting due diligence and post-acquisition accounting integration activities.
- Develops standard and ad hoc financial analyses and reports to provide operational insight to business leaders.
- Responsible for recruiting, managing, developing skilled, professional accounting staff.
- Assesses existing accounting operations/systems, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing changes as necessary.
- Responsible for evaluating, managing and maintaining software tools for effective and efficient accounting and financial reporting.
Education and Professional Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. CPA required. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 15 years professional experience in accounting with at least five years in a lead accounting role.
- Strong US GAAP and FASB knowledge. SEC and PCAOB familiarity a plus.
- Familiarity with Federal and state tax laws.
- Professional, poised and accomplished communicator with senior executives.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes.
- Cross-functional expertise, with experience operating in a complex organization.
- Strong project management, planning and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Continuous improvement attitude; ability to seek out and implement internal or external best practices.
Special Working Conditions:
Due to the expectations of the role and location of the Company's business leaders, position requires working outside of normal business hours and some travel to regional offices.
Special Physical Requirements:
Travel will be required to South Bend, IN if not located in that office, regularly and other regional offices on occasion.