The Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) is a critical component of the accounting executive team. The CAO is a key component of the Company?s accounting and financialreporting systems and processes. This includes ensuring that the financial systems, personnel and control structures are in place to support planned future growth of the company.
The CAO will have direct responsibility for internal and external financialreporting, budgeting and creating billing structures. A well rounded experienceworking withfinancial systems, workflow, taxsupport, compliance and planning, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, cash management, and primary relationship with the external advisors. Prior experience managing the implementation of accounting systems is critical. The ideal candidate is one that is currently managing an accounting and finance team for a large multi-national company.
The CAO will report directly to the CFO and work closely with the VP of Finance, the Tax Director, the Controller and the company?s various business unit leaders.
This position requires a proven, respected and trusted leader. This position comes with high expectations and visibility. We need a person with a high energy level and at the same time the understanding when to tempore this energy. We are seeking an individual with a strong work ethic, outstanding communications and interpersonal skills and a deep knowledge of accounting, financialreporting, business, finance and people.
Joining the Agora has some major perks. For starters, you?re joining a network of some of the Top Workplaces in Baltimore, . Another is getting to work in an office that moves and inspires you. Most of the 11 buildings that make up our Mount Vernon campus date back to the 19th century and are comprised of historical and ornate details. Others are modern, sleek and full of awesome technology. Take a sneak peek for yourself, .
- Assist with, and at times lead, in the planning, directing, implementing and coordinating of the various accounting systems and operational functions.
- Maintain a properly designed and functioning system of internal controls to ensure the safeguarding of the Company?s assets and accurate and proper financialreporting.
- Monitor, challenge and minimize costs to ensure the most efficient use of Company resources throughout the organization.
- Provide oversight to ensure that the accounting and financialreporting systems meet the needs of senior management, outside accountants, corporate counsel, and as many of our foreign partners and affiliates as possible.
- Coordinate timely and accurate periodic (monthly/quarterly/annual) financialreporting closings including monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Oversee, when applicable, the accounting processes associated with acquisition activities such as the implementation of purchase accounting including valuation allocation, and the integration of the acquired company into the financialreporting of 14 West.
- Manage timely and accurate client invoicing, accounts receivable processing, and cash receipt application, as well as execute account receivables collection policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance as much as possible to the tax director and team to ensure that the Company is in compliance with Federal, state, and local tax requirements, and oversea tax-planning strategies to minimize tax liabilities and other corporate taxes issues.
- Actively manage and reportcash flow metrics.
- Partner with the other key members of the accounting department to hire, train, manage, coordinate and retain competent staff required for the achievement of the Company?s financial initiatives, operations, and functionality, monitor performance and evaluate departmental effectiveness.
- Interact with senior management to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Maintain compliance with 14 West?s policies, procedures and mission statement.
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by 14 West for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of 14 West.
The successful candidate must have:
- A minimum of fifteen years of business experience demonstrating a record of increasing responsibility including within an accounting / financedepartment of a large multi-national company;
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal and external financialreporting;
- Proven interpersonal skills to develop relationships that inspire confidence, trust and respect from internal and external colleagues;
- Outstanding analytical skills to interpret financial results and trends and the ability to influence action based upon such interpretations;
- Experience in working with, including presenting to, a CEO, CFO, other executive management and Board of Directors;
- Results-oriented, displaying ingenuity in developing strategies, building infrastructure and ability to anticipate issues and deliver high-impact results;
- Highly collaborative, with excellent influential leadership skills and a track record of exceeding expectations in a client driven, collegial, dynamic atmosphere;
- Exceptional decision-making skills and an aptitude to implement organizational and departmental goals that result in success;
- Effective organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Can-do, positive approach and the ability to serve in a highly consultative manner with individuals across a wide variety of disciplines;
- High energy and sense of urgency in managing multiple projects and teams simultaneously, including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility;
- Articulate, with exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Innovative thinking with the potential to implement change, ensuring understanding, participation and ownership by key stakeholders;
- High personal integrity, and strong work ethic; and
- Ability to lead a team of associates.
- Bachelors?degree in accounting;
- Present or Past Certified Public Accountant.
About 14 West
14 West shares not only a long history but a heritage with The Agora, ?a marketplace for ideas,? and the only global network of its kind for the world?s most innovative privately-owned media enterprises. Today, more than 20 of those enterprises rely on 14 West to find them the talent they need in copy, editorial, digitalmarketing and technology to remain consistently at the helm of the industry at large.
With a diverse range of services and a unique breadth of experience in the media industry, 14 West holds the key to creating compelling, competitive workplaces and turning entrepreneurs and their ideas into evolutionary brands.
The key is people. People that will continue to drive those brands forward for another40 years. People like you perhaps?