Privately held Apparel Company that generates approximately $150 million in revenue is looking to add a Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) to the Executive Staff headquartered in New York City. Reporting directly to the CEO, the CAO will be responsible for:
- All aspects of accounting and finance including improving internal controls and policies & procedures.
- Controlling the month end close process as well as the preparation and reporting of financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Preparing quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Working directly with the external auditors.
- Overseeing all aspects of financial planning and analysis including budgeting, forecasting and long-range strategic planning.
- Overseeing the inventory reconciliation process.
- Supervising a team of 8.
Ideal candidate will have:
- At least 10 – 15 years of progressive accounting experience.
- CPA is required.
- Experience working for an Apparel, Fashion, Luxury or Consumer Products Company is required.
- Strong ERP systems experience and advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with Blue Cherry Software is a plus.