STAFF PHARMACIST - CHEMOTHERAPY (BENSON CANCER CENTER)
The Pharmacy Department is made up of separate inpatient and outpatient pharmacies that provide administrative, clinical, and distributive services to both hospital and clinic patients. Pharmaceutical Specialties include: Transplant, Cardiology, Geriatrics, Anticoagulation, Critical Care, Infectious Diseases, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, and Oncology. Ochsner Ambulatory Pharmacy Services includes Anticoagulation Clinic, Digital Medicine, Population Management, and Pharmacy Patient Assistance.
Ochsner provides internship and externship programs for Pharmacy Students as well as (ASHP) – accredited, PGY-1 and PGY-2, Residency Programs in: Pharmacy Practice, Internal Medicine, Solid Organ Transplant, and Health System Administration. Our clinical team provides training and development for Ochsner’s clinical staff, students, and residents
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Assesses medication orders placed by physician, ensuring accuracy
• Prepares and dispenses medications; supervises work of the Chemo Technicians, ensuring sterile technique is being followed
• Reviews lab values to ensure drug therapy is appropriate for adult and pediatric Hematology & Oncology patients (Inpatient & Outpatient); Drug information resource to nursing staff & providers
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge, licensures and certifications through continuing education
• Manages the operations of the pharmacy, including inventory, & appropriately documents all actions in the EPIC (EMR) system
WHAT WE SEEK
• Bachelor of Science in pharmacy
• Doctorate of Pharmacy degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy preferred
• Licensed to practice pharmacy in the State of Louisiana
• A minimum of one year Inpatient Pharmacy and Chemotherapy experience preferred
Full time, Day shift position; Some Weekends Required
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
Ochsner Medical Center is located near uptown New Orleans and includes acute and sub-acute facilities; centers of excellence Ochsner Cancer Institute, Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Center and Ochsner Heart and Vascular Institute. Ochsner employs over 600 physicians in 80 medical specialties and subspecialties.
As a 473-bed acute care hospital, it offers the opportunity to learn and provide patient care at a Magnet facility with three Centers of Excellence, all the while gaining exposure to complex medical cases. This campus is also one of six training sites in the world for robotic surgery and is nationally-renown for many skilled physicians.
WHAT WE OFFER
Ochsner offers a competitive salary and benefits package designed to accommodate the diverse needs of its employees.
WHO WE ARE
- 060928 )