- Research and develop novel sample preparation approaches for quantifying and characterizing small molecules in foods, crops and biofluids
- Be a lead investigator for the evaluation of prototype sample preparation materials and devices
- Contribute to interdisciplinary research efforts by offering a detailed understanding of applications and method development. Provide feedback to other teams through hypothesis-driven proposals to improve upon state-of-the-art sample preparation technologies and assist engineering and material science groups on design of experiments and new prototypes.
- Design and execute test strategies, prepare reports and provide internal presentations to summarize scientific findings
- Operate and maintain LC and LC/MS systems and general lab equipment while creating and maintaining records of test related activities
- Protect newly developed intellectual property by assisting in the preparation of invention disclosures and patent applications
- Lead and carry out product development activities to ensure that new products are appropriately designed for their intended use
- Work with marketing colleagues and other technical groups across Waters to define and successfully commercialize new products and to showcase them through publications and collaborations with thought leaders from academia and industry
- Attend and present at conferences and keep abreast of literature to support product commercialization, aid in customer education, and identify emerging applications, methods and customer needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in analytical chemistry or related discipline with 10+ years’ experience in developing sample preparation methods for the LC/MS analysis of small molecules, or Master’s Degree in analytical chemistry or related discipline with 5+ years’ experience or PhD in analytical chemistry or related discipline with 0-3+ years’ experience.
- Inventiveness and a keen interest in science
- Experience in developing sample preparation techniques for assaying small molecules in foods, crops and/or biofluids using LC/MS
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Proven track record of analyzing ability and learning agility
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team setting
- Proficiency in various types of sample preparation techniques, including solid phase extraction
- Experience in sample preparation method development and troubleshooting
- Proficiency in LC/MS of small molecules
- Demonstrated ability to publish scientific results in peer-reviewed journals and to give presentations at leading conferences
- An understanding of food and/or pharmaceutical testing is preferred