This Product Manager position reports directly to the Director of Chemistry Technology Product Management and is accountable for product management and maintenance of Waters Chemistry products. The Product Manager is responsible for obtaining voice of customer and defining user requirements, product attributes and product roadmaps. The product manager will work closely withProduct Marketing to review and confirm market sizes and requirements and the accuracy of business case financials. The Product Manager is a key stakeholder on product development and commercialization teams. He or she is also responsible for on market support, management of product lines after commercialization including life cycle management. In addition to working with members of the Chemistry Technology group, the Product Manager also interfaces with other Technology groups and the Global Markets organization in the formulation and execution of aligned strategies, solutions and plans.
- Maintain and promote Chemistry consumables product lines
- Interact with Global Markets and Technology Centers to align consumables products, applications, and tacticswith corporate product strategies and roadmaps
- Create technical and marketing content materials such as seminars/webinars, web content, and user guides asrequired
- Author or approve user requirements (URD), product requirements (PRD) and functional specification documents (FSDs) as needed
- Participate in, contribute to, and/or lead product commercialization activities.
- Obtain voice of customer input in order to craft strong value propositions as part of new product initiatives and campaigns
- Identify new opportunities, applications, and markets
- BS in Chemistry, Biology, or related science field of study
- 3+ years analytical chemistry experience required; experience with biopharmaceutical characterization workflows preferred.
- Thorough understanding of chromatographic science
- Marketing, product management, and/or chromatography sales experience preferred
- Must be able to multitask and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to use Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; experience with SAP business applications desired
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 25%)