The purpose of the Sales Account Manager is to sell Nexeo offerings and solutions tocurrent and prospective customers. The role is accountable for achieving volume, revenue, and margin growth targets within a defined territory by growing Nexeo share within existing customers through the sale of product and service offerings, and byacquiring new customers by providing consultative solutions.
The role is expected to provide a mix of strategic and tactical solutions in a business-to-business selling environment. The role focuses on acquiring, penetrating, managingand retaining customers. Being sales and performance driven with dedication toachieving team goals will be critical to success of our overall business. The role is accountable for successfully growing the sales and profits for one of the Chemicals business’ Personal Care focused territories.
• Territory Planning: Understands territory situation, current accounts, prospects, competitors, and suppliers.
• Account Planning & Customer Knowledge: Understands customer objectives, needs, and profitability drivers.
• Ownership & Performance Focus: Takes responsibility for and ownership of territory.
• Coordination & Leadership: Develops relationships within Nexeo and within customer organization.
• Market Knowledge: Keeps up-to-date and informed on market, industry, andregulatory issues.
• Technical Knowledge: Identifies technical needs of customers.
• Value Proposition: Understands and sells entire value offering from Nexeo.
• Communication: Presents to customers with awareness of customer context.
• Negotiations & Solution Agreement: Has sound judgment and problems solving skillsto create win-win solutions.
• Implementation Management: Reacts to additional customer demands and needs.
• Sales Administration: Has command of MS Office, CRM, and QlikView tools.
• Pipeline Management: Manages pipeline proactively, recognizing customers' stage inthe decision cycle.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or related technical degree withcombination of lab formulation and bench experience a plus.
• 10+ years of chemical distribution sales or related industry experience is preferred.
• Technical Sales experience required in the Personal Care / Cosmetic ingredients market space: Hair Care, Sun Care, Skin Care, and Color Cosmetics.
• Familiar with project driven applications and qualification in the following Personal Care Ingredient categories: Surfactants, Preservatives, Vitamins, Silicones, Emulsifiers, Emollients, and Rheology Modifiers.
• Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM is a plus.
• Proficient computer skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required.
• Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.