Chemicals, Senior Account Manager, CASE - Chicago, Illinois
Nexeo Solutions is the largest global chemical and plastics distributor with a centralized business model. With operations worldwide, Nexeo offers over 26,000 products used in a broad cross-section of industries, including chemicals manufacturing, oil and gas, paints and coatings, automotive, healthcare andpersonal care. Nexeo distributes these products in North America, EMEA, andAsia. The company provides broad logistics capabilities, in-depth market knowledge, dedicated technical expertise and Environmental Services. As a company employing more than 2,500 employees, Nexeo connects a network ofover 1,200 suppliers with a diverse base of more than 28,000 customers. Learnmore at www.nexeosolutions.com.
The purpose of the Sales Account Manager is to sell Nexeo offerings andsolutions to current and prospective customers. The role is accountable forachieving volume, revenue, and margin growth targets within a defined territory bygrowing Nexeo share within existing customers through the sale of product andservice offerings, and by acquiring new customers by providing consultative solutions.
The role is expected to provide a mix of strategic and tactical solutions in a business-to-business selling environment. The role focuses on acquiring, penetrating, managing and retaining customers. Being sales and performance driven with dedication to achieving team goals will be critical to success of our overall business.
- Territory Planning: Understands territory situation, current accounts, prospects, competitors, and suppliers.
- Account Planning & Customer Knowledge: Understands customer objectives, needs, and profitability drivers.
- Ownership & Performance Focus: Takes responsibility for andownership of territory.
- Coordination & Leadership: Develops relationships within Nexeo and within customer organization.
- Market Knowledge: Keeps up-to-date and informed onmarket, industry, and regulatory issues.
- Technical Knowledge: Identifies technical needs of customers.
- Value Proposition: Understands and sells entire value offering from Nexeo.
- Communication: Presents to customers with awareness ofcustomer context.
- Negotiations & Solution Agreement: Has sound judgment andproblems solving skills to create win-win solutions.
- Implementation Management: Reacts to additional customer demands and needs.
- Sales Administration: Has command of MS Office, CRM, andBW packages.
- Pipeline Management: Manages pipeline proactively, recognizing customers' stage in the decision cycle.
• Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or Chemical Engineeringrequired..
• 5 to 7+ years of chemical sales or technical service is required.
• Specialty chemical sales experience with resins, pigments, additives, etc. is preferred.
• Technical service and sales experience in coatings, urethanes, adhesives (CASE) is required.
• Previous experience in formulations with paint, urethanes andcoatings is highly preferred.
• Proficient computer skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint arerequired.
• Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus.
• Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Nexeo Solutions participates in the E-Verify program to ensureemployment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.