Chemical Process Unit Manager
Our client, a national manufacturing organization is seeking an experienced Engineering professional to join their team, located in the NY/NJ area, to work in the capacity of Chemical Process Unit Manager. The chosen candidate will manage technical programs in silica gel manufacturing. This includes process troubleshooting, planning scale-up trials, design and implementation of process changes.
* Provides process technical support for all process-related capital projects.
* Directs some projects as team leader.
* Collaborate and partner with outside contractors for project installations.
* Partner with R&D for technology transfer.
* Interface with customers to help resolve quality and process issues.
* Monitor daily analysis of raw materials, finished product, in-process materials and shipments.
* Participate and develops yearly goals with employees and management.
* Encourage and implements teamwork environment.
* Encourage commitment to CQI principles and Responsible Care and the use of techniques and methods to move safety, quality and production to levels at or above the goals the plant has set.
* Ensure compliance with corporate/plant policies and procedures.
* Demonstrate health, safety and environmental leadership.
* Ensure work areas are maintained in a clean and safe condition.
* Participate in plant-wide HSE, quality and productivity initiatives.
* Participate on the safety committee.
Best Industry - Manufacturing
Best Department - Engineering
Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering or a related engineering discipline. MS Degree in a technical discipline is a plus.
7 - 10 years of process engineering or Operations experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
Demonstrated experience in process improvements, plant debottlenecking, yield improvements, and cost control is required.
Working knowledge of chemical process unit operations is essential in this role.
Working knowledge of CQI methods such as DOE, Six Sigma, SPC, etc. is required.
Experience with MS Office (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, etc.) is required.
Strong ability to present to different levels of audiences, coordinate deliverables across functions and manage to deadlines with high quality work product deliverables.
Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment and multi-tasking is required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.