A duel Engineering & Leadership role with a focus on Continuous Improvement in a small chemical processing plant.
- This is a multi-site manufacturing company with a long history (over years) and a well-respected parent company offering great benefits and career stability. They have many long-standing repeat customers including into markets that are recession proof (such as power generation). They also have an active Product Development team taking input from customers to remain relevant.
- This site is small enough that your efforts will stand out (picture a plant with about 50 employees- 25 union production plus non-union support staff, such as lab chemists, managers, field service & sales, etc.)
- A resume building position especially for those aspiring to Plant Management with one direct report now and exposure to EHs in addition to engineering. Your official title will be “Engineering Supervisor” and your success will measurable.
Apply skills in Lean Manufacturing to minimizing equipment downtime and maximize production efficiency while continuing to meet all safety, environmental, and regulations requirements. You will supervise the maintenance technician and engage with all departments supporting continuous improvement while also serving on the Site Leadership, Safety, Quality and Planning teams.
- Provide Plant Process Engineering support-
- Plan and lead Continuous Improvement projects to optimizes workflow and floor space, minimize equipment downtime, and provide maximum production capacity. Monitoring the capital budget.
- Apply fundamental Lean principles and tools including waste elimination, problem solving, 5S, visual management, standard work, and value stream mapping.
- Work with third party integrators to design new or improve existing production equipment.
- Write and improve Standard Operating Procedures and manufacturing processes; Consult with machine operators and supervisors to maximize efficiencies and improve processing procedures and quality of products.
- Supports Product Management and Customer Service in the design and development of new or newly configured products.
- Lead the Maintenance Program and maintenance activities-
- Directly supervise the Maintenance Technician(s) and take responsible for building and equipment maintenance (chillers, compressors, conveyors, robots, lights, grounds, security, and production equipment). Monitors the maintenance budget.
- Analyze equipment and facility maintenance problems and continually revises the Preventative Maintenance program to minimizing downtime.
- Diagnose downtime causes and reasons for equipment failure; develop strategies to improve reliability
- Participates as a site leader promoting stellar Environmental Health & Safety performance-
- Fosters a culture that promotes safety with a high level of employee engagement. Facilitates monthly safety committee meeting, sets agenda, prepares meeting minutes, performs facility safety audits, and updates facility audit findings.
- Ensure that employees are continually trained in compliance with company regulations to ensure work is completed in a safe manner. Coordinates annual OSHA mandated trainings.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws (OSHA, EPA, and etc) and maintains records, where they relate to plant maintenance practices, equipment, and facilities. Maintains the OSHA 300 log, annual reporting, and the Recordable Incident Rate and Lost Time Incident Rate charting for monthly reporting. Signs off on waste manifests.
- Documents, investigates, and assigns corrective actions for recordable, non-recordable and near miss incidents
Requested Applicant Background:
We are searching for an engineering jack-of-all trades in a chemical processing facility with significant experience in Lean Manufacturing and understating of Plant Maintenance programs.
- B.S. Engineering. Prefers Chemical Engineering but they are open to others
- 10+ years in Plant Engineering in a chemical processing plant supporting 24/7 operations.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills and demonstrated Project Management experience
- Has knowledge of plant safety, OSHA regulation, LOTO, and other regulatory concerns.
- Lean experience - SOP’s, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), autonomous maintenance, 5S, and other Lean Tools
- Strong problem solving and applied statistics skills are required. Six Sigma Green or Black belt is a plus.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Project Management software
- Additionally: The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of water purification or Ion Exchange systems. (Not a must)
- Authorized to work for any employer in the USA without restrictions. (Sorry no sponsorship available now or in the future.)