$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Des Plaines, IL 60016
Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
5 - 7 years
Posted 58 days ago
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Chemical Engineer in Gas Processing Engineering The Gas Processing Engineering group is responsible for the engineering design of a range of related gas processing technologies including Separex membrane systems and various solvents and adsorbent related technologies. Working in a project team environment to develop heat and material balances, process flow diagrams and piping and instrument diagrams, size and specify gas processing equipment including vessels, pumps, heat exchangers, compressors, piping and related equipment. The technologies involved will be diverse and cutting edge.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
· Perform gas processing process design work as required to produce Schedule A or Enhanced Process Package design packages working as a member of a design team and perform studies relating to revamp of existing processing units.
· Independently carry out responsibilities and engineering/technical assignments using GP and engineering standard methods and procedures.
· Participate in the maintenance and development of design tools and documentation.
· Work under limited supervision. Technical guidance is available for unusual matters.
· Decision making includes the use of sound engineering judgment where necessary as well as routine issues / problems.
· Provide Sales Support assistance as assigned.
· Provide guidance to less experienced engineers.
· Run process simulation tools for design and alternate cases.
· Size process piping and run hydraulics and heat and mass balance calculations.
· Develop project specifications including all major equipment.
· Coordinate the development of the PFD and P&ID flow diagrams.
· Complete assigned design work per the agreed budget and schedule.
· Will be responsible as the Team Leader on projects.
· Keep Project Manager informed of progress on assigned tasks. Bring any problems with man-hour overruns or schedule delays to the Project Manager as early as possible.
· Attend and actively participate in project team meetings.
· Contribute and participate in customer meetings as assigned and agreed with the Project Manager/Team Leader.
· Apply current design practices and tools for completion of assigned tasks.
· Be familiar with the work process and quality policy and apply as appropriate to each project.
· Document all calculations and work processes in a clear, concise format.
· Develop skills in a specific Gas Processing technology to eventually become a Process Specialist.
Valid Through: 2019-9-13