Job Description : Engineering position in the Advanced Material Lab (AML) leading chemical analysis; develop detailed failure analysis of materials, components, systems and subsystems; and hardware life predictions. Compile and analyze date completing project with report writing. Work with LM Fellows on research and development projects to qualify new materials for program solutions. Failure analysis customers are across the many sites in the Business Area. Interface with peers, management, program offices, senior leaders across the enterprise. Fast paced work environment with analysis demanding quick resolution. Review and update lab procedures. Mentor junior engineers and technicians.
- Chemistry or Chemical Engineering Bachelor with 5 years of professional experience or Master's degree with 3 years of professional experience.
- Working knowledge of various analytical equipment (FTIR, GCMS, IC, UV-Vis, XRF).
- Leading material evaluations, data compilation, analysis and report writing.
- Excellent communication skills and working rapport with customers, peers, management
- Failure analysis experience
- Multitask, organized, mentor
- General understanding or experience in other forms of analysis i.e. mechanical, radiography, SEM
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Budgeting experience
- Knowledge of 6S
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.