The Business Development Representative is an outside, business to business sales role. The primary responsibility is developing new business opportunities within the Commercial Bank sales channel.
He/she will develop market strategies to drive incremental payment processing revenue to Chase Merchant Services and the Commercial Bank. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for end-to-end negotiation of new agreements with clients as well as coordinating the firm’s resources to bring those agreements to fruition.
Successful candidates understand technology and high growth digital commerce client needs, and have the experience and proven track record of creatively solving their business objectives by delivering the appropriate products and services.
Finally, the candidate will liaise with internal partners (e.g. Investment Bank, Card Services, and Treasury Services) and leverage an existing book of external influencers (Incubators, Consultants, Venture Capital firms and VAR partners) to identify new client opportunities.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Sells products and services to new customers through face to face and phone based contact in an assigned geography.
- Identifies and self-sources client opportunities.
- Builds collaborative internal relationships to develop and foster partnerships. Actively participates in partners meetings and communicates messages timely and accurately.
- Serves as trusted advisor, leveraging core knowledge, to recommend and promote banking and payment processing solutions to clients while working within the risks parameters that protect the firm.
- Understands client's banking needs and presents product solutions offering to best accommodate the client.
- Aligns daily activities to accomplish strategic business objectives.
- Completes an analysis to competitively identify and price Chase products and services to generate revenue.
- Possesses deep knowledge of company's products and pricing to facilitate sales efforts.
- Negotiates with clients to price products and services competitively while generating revenue.
- Maintains sales records and prepare sales reports as required.
- Protects the firm by applying sound risk management protocols; Is knowledgeable of compliance and risk issues to escalate to management as appropriate; will collaborate to determine solutions.
- May develop a vertical market expertise.
- May serve as mentor to teammates.
- May travel up to 50%.
Decision Making / Expected Impact
Will execute sales strategy in alignment with corporate and LOB priorities.
- Individual sales goals.
- Has ability to make decisions on day-to-day issues and refers to manager on decisions regarding project direction / scope.
- Clients typically moderate in size, moderate to high exposure points.
- Will travel to client as needed. High quality, high touch contact.
- College degree preferred.
- Generally at least 5 years of B2B (business to business) sales experience with a proven track record of self sourcing leads that result in meeting revenue goals in a solution selling environment.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive interpersonal, relationships with business owners.
- Ability to prioritize multiple initiatives.
- Strong negotiation, selling, influencing and presentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of product(s) and solution options.
- Financial or transaction processing experience preferred.
- Ability to travel 25-50% is required.
Req #: 180009419