Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design - where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of gainful employment within the United States
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States, must provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses) based on the manufacturer's guidelines on their first day of employment.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered. To submit for your medical or religious exemption, please complete our secure form here. Once reviewed, a member of our employee relations team will reach out to you with a determination.
We are currently seeking Charging Test and Interoperability Engineer This position requires an experienced professional who is passionate about electric vehicles with a wide background and knowledge base in vehicle charging, high voltage ecosystem, standards, and interoperability. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly, and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for testing of the charging system in electric vehicle covering standard AC charging level 1 and level 2 along with DC fast charging
- Working with component owners (charger, battery, connectivity, mobile) to define test strategy, develop test plans, test cases based on charging requirements
- Creating test plans, execute, and document entire charging testing on vehicles
- Execute AC and DC testing using chargers from different vendors
- Perform testing on vehicles and join test trips to support testing of the charging system
- Conducting testing by driving to all different charging sites
- Lead and own the responsibility of finding a solution to interoperability issues
- Clearly communicate test results, collaborate with stakeholders to discuss issues detected, and work on the next action plan
- Perform test data analysis, making sure KPI's and requirements are well met
- Track the issues observed in testing, participate in triaging those with different teams for root cause identification and its solution
- Bachelor of Science in areas of Electrical, Computer, Automotive, Computer Science or related fields
- 3+ years of strong testing and validation background in the automotive (or related) domain
- Experience and technical background in EV vehicle operation, charging ecosystem, charging standards
- Knowledge of SAE J1772, DIN70121 and ISO15118
- Deep understanding of electrical signals, CAN, LIN, Ethernet and use of tools such as CANaylzer/CANoe, Wireshark
- Strong knowledge of High Voltage systems and system integration testing
- Ability to travel domestically
- Capable of working in a fast-paced development environment
- Great team player with great communication skills
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.