Responsible for professional nursing care and related assistance to patients admitted to BMC. Will utilizes the nursing process in ensuring safe and competent quality patient care. Supports the medical care of patients under the direction of the Medical Staff pursuant to the mission and objectives of the hospital. Provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and otherpatient care team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Provides direction to the Registered Nurses and other licensed/unlicensed personnel in providing patient care, in patients’ assignments, in overseeing diverse operational processes, and coordinating staff’s rest/meal breaks.
- Must be able to assess own learning needs to enhance personal and professional development.
- Assesses patient/family health problems and resources, takes a leadership role in the development, implementation and outcomes evaluation of a plan for nursing care provided by the nursing team.
- Graduate of a RN School of Nursing; BSN or be enrolled in BSN program.
- Five (5) years psychiatric experience, previous experience as a charge nurse.
- Current California RN license.
- Bilingual in Spanish, Vietnamese, or Chinese (preferred).
- Current BLS card.MAB trained within 6months of hire.