$80K — $100K *
• Work seamlessly as a member of Skyworks' Device Development Group to advance BAW/SAW and other MEMs technologies.
• Enable automation to gather on-wafer device statistics.
• Develop new test solutions required to understand the capabilities and limits of state-of-the-art MEMs devices.
• Analyze / process characterization data for use by design and/or modeling teams.
• Collaborate with modeling & design engineers on model development through design of experiments.
Key outcomes that are desired:
• Succeed in partnering with other lab engineers in developing hardware and software of novel characterization systems.
• Conduct characterizations needed by worldwide teams to analyze and improve BAW/SAW devices and filters and MEMs devices.
• 5 years of relevant advanced RF characterization experience.
• Master's Degree in Engineering, Physics, or Chemistry is required. PhD degree is preferred.
• A proven track record as a team player on an engineering team, preferably with experience functioning effectively in a multi-cultural, multi-geographic engineering environment.
• Demonstrated skills in advanced RF characterization -- S-parameters, hot S-parameters, loadpull, IMD & harmonics generation, noise emissions, and thermal measurement.
• Deep understanding and knowledge electromagnetic theory and circuit design.
• Deep understanding in either semiconductors and/or acoustic devices.
• Knowledge in semiconductor process or MEMs technology is desirable.
• Strong skills in data analytics -- programming & scripting.
• Demonstrated strong communication /presentation skills.
• Experience mentoring junior engineers.
The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge and experience in working with semiconductor and/or MEMs devices and test methodologies required by such devices. Knowledge of BAW/SAW devices is a big plus. The candidate will have the ability to function effectively in a multi-cultural, multi-geographic environment and must also be able to collaborate well with other engineers to achieve divisional objectives. The candidate will be based in Irvine CA, but may on occasion be asked to travel to Asia to collaborate across different design and development engineering sites.
Valid through: 1/29/2021