Yelp is seeking a tenacious, sales professional with a proven track record of success in a fast-paced, high growth company to join Yelp’s newest division, Channel Partnerships.
This entrepreneurial leader will build relationships with senior executives across the local advertising industry, launch and grow existing relationships, and execute cross-functional partnerships with direct visibility into Yelp's senior management.
The primary responsibility of the Channel Senior Sales Director is to acquire new business for Yelp by developing relationships with Agencies& 3rd parties focused on the SMB market. These Agencies partner with Yelp to resell and buy Yelp’s local products.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to quickly understand the business and demonstrate the value of Yelp’s product offering and partnership program. This position requires a highly motivated and energetic individual who possesses the ability to develop strategic relationships and generate new business. The ideal candidate takes a consultative approach to sales - understanding agency models and uncovering the needs and decision criteria of your prospects. Above all, you will be responsible for hitting your revenue targets.
- Establish a collaborative business relationship between Yelp and SMB (primarily local) agencies and their advertisers.
- Consistently deliver new partner-driven revenue every quarter, exceeding sales targets.
- Lead the partnership and deal-origination process, managing each step from strategy/planning, pipeline development, outreach, implementation, and ongoing growth.
- Create consultative sales presentations to demonstrate how Yelp’s advertising products can be leveraged to connect with consumers.
- Represent Yelp as a spokesperson and evangelist at industry events.
- Contribute to evolving vision of Yelp's advertising partner program.
- Develop and manage partner relationships to ensure over-achievement of assigned goals.
- Identify new agency partnerships which will meet Yelp partner compliance as needed to meet growth expectations.
- Map out agency structure and identify key decision makers, budget owners and the agencies’ decision making process.
- Engage with agencies on an ongoing basis to foster relationships, validate advertisers needs and keep Yelp’s partnership top of mind.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive revenue growth with new customers.
- Come to work each day with a positive attitude and ready to win.
- Minimum 7-12 years of experience in channel sales, BD or digital sales role
- Experience is preferred with advertising products, APIs, and channel programs across the industry (e.g. Google, Bing, Facebook)
- Demonstrated success in hitting sales goals in a previous position
- Strong network of tech industry contacts, ranging from startups to established brands.
- Influential communication skills in all forms: written, presentations, negotiations, and listening.
- Passion for Yelp’s product, as well as other consumer internet/mobile products.
- Flexible, startup mindset, and ability to operate within a very dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Is self-motivated, a team player and has a strong drive to exceed targets
- Travel as needed
- Guaranteed base salary plus uncapped commission
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays (per year)
- 6 weeks paid parental leave plus up to 6 weeks paid pregnancy disability leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan