As a Channel Sales Specialist, you will win, maintain, and expand relationships with assigned trade partners within a region. The Channel Sales Specialist is responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and trade partner recruitment objectives, while improving our effectiveness, use of programs and sales volume.
Some of the essential aspects of the position include:
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned trade partner accounts.
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, marketing strategies and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Drives adoption and promotes trade partner loyalty initiatives, sales promotions and marketing programs.
- Evaluates current product mix of trade partners on a regular basis and recommends solutions on strategies for improvement of profitability.
- Generates and manages sales activities in assigned region to track potential opportunities through customer relationship management tool.
- Conduct persuasive presentations on product and current trends to trade partner members on full breadth of product and service offerings and capabilities.
- Works with local market team in assigned region to develop and execute annual market plans to target current and new customers.
- Proactively develops trade partner capabilities in areas of product, sales strategy, design, and proposal responses.
- Educates trade partners through various modes of training including, but not limited to, virtual and live training.
- Onboards new trade partner members through regular structured training on product, processes and programs.
- Support new product launches with trade partners including training, branding and resources.
- Manages potential channel conflict by fostering excellent communication internally and externally.
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of commercial sales experience in contract furniture or related industry.
- Significant experience in sales and a proven ability to develop and influence relationships.
- Knowledge of workplace environment issues and general business trends.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to foster customer satisfaction.
- Ability to successfully interact across business functions both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change, handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Regionally Based
- Occasional Travel Required
- Working Hours in Different Time Zones