Yelp’s mission is to connect people with great local businesses. Yelp’s Channel Partnerships team partners with Agencies and 3rd parties to provide industry leading digital advertising solutions to great local businesses. Yelp’s native search advertising products deliver strong ROI by helping clients connect with potential customers at the bottom of the purchase funnel. Yelp has become an essential part in a client’s Local advertising mix and the Channel team is growing fast.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, sales driven leader to grow our relationships and revenue within the Channel Partner ecosystem. This includes managing and building a team of experienced sales reps who are creating new partnerships. Yelp partners with thousands of customers and is now looking to better partner with Agencies focused on the SMB market, to accelerate our growth by delivering superior return to our advertisers. As Yelp’s Channel Sales Manager, you will drive awareness and growth of Yelp’s premium native search advertising products. This is a high level, strategic role for Yelp that is also fast-paced and hands-on. In this role, you will work alongside Yelp’s Sales Leadership team and will collaborate across the company.
What you will do:
- Exceed quarterly sales team quotas and all activities of revenue generation, to ensure continual aggressive Channel growth in your territory.
- Implement strategic planning, forecasting and ongoing development of sales team.
- Coach your team in effective sales strategies, pipeline management, opportunity management and career planning.
- Establish a collaborative business relationship between Yelp and SMB (primarily local) Agencies and their advertisers.
- Attract, hire and develop a Sales team to consistently execute game plans and exceed business goals, while holding them accountable.
- Create consultative sales presentations to demonstrate how Yelp’s advertising products can be leveraged to connect with consumers.
- Identify improvement in all areas of productivity, process and efficiency.
- Develop and maintain executive level relationships to help drive sales activities.
- Be a leader your team can depend on!
- Engage with agencies on an ongoing basis to foster relationships, validate advertisers needs and keep Yelp’s partnership top of mind.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive revenue growth with new customers.
- Come to work each day with a positive attitude and ready to win.
- Lead ad hoc projects focused on the strategic revenue growth opportunities.
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years managing a team of 5 or more
- 5+ years relevant National or Partnership experience across Sales, Digital, and Advertising roles
- Proven track record of exceeding multi-million dollar Sales Targets
- Experienced communicator with proven track record of Executive outreach
- Entrepreneur with history of building partnerships from scratch
- Able to navigate uncertainty successfully for all parties and lead to desired outcomes
- Believes in Yelp’s mission and naturally puts the company and team first
- Able to Travel up to 25% of the time
- Easy-going, cool headed, with a track record of collaboration and working well internally
- Ready and willing to roll up your sleeves and build something big at Yelp
- Guaranteed base salary plus uncapped commission
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays (per year)
- 6 weeks paid parental leave plus up to 6 weeks paid pregnancy disability leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan