Arbor Networks is currently searching for an experienced Channel Sales Manager to be responsible for the territory of Western North America.
The Channel Sales Manager will be responsible for driving the recruitment, on-boarding and enablement of Channel partners to drive net new sales of our market leading solutions towards the enterprise.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with current alliance partners, scan and identify new alliances as necessary
- Ensure the necessary on boarding and launching of alliances through to sales and technical certification is defined, delivered and measured
- Establish, develop and maintain strong professional sales & sales management relationships with current and future Current Partners.
- Create and analyze sales reports, identify issues contributing to success or shortcomings and take any agreed corrective action.
- Support and leverage other channel efforts, field marketing, product launches and product promotions as well as certifications and specializations with partners
- Keep current with our product release information including sales materials, product roadmap, features, applications, competition and disseminate to partners as appropriate.
- Exceed quarterly and annual Sales Bookings/Revenue Goals
- Perform business support metrics reviews and analysis of each MSP Partner’s performance via QBR's or other appropriate means.
- Establish and maintain positive & proactive relationships with Alliance & MSP sales reps/management to build mindshare and drive sales activity.
- Create and execute a business plan for each Partner for each major region in which they operate – working closely with the local teams and other team members.
- Aid in developing strategic initiatives that will result in increasing the Partner quarterly bookings.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Degree qualified with 10+ years channel/partnershipexperience, coupled with demonstrable appreciation of how partners are delivering services and the challenges they face in doing so.
- Experience signing and developing business with major Channel partners.
- Strong background with networking and data center security products
- Ability to work in an environment where positive confrontation is the norm.
- Must have a proven network of multi-level relationships at Channel Partners
- Familiarity of building and running successful and profitable relationships in a co-existence environment.
- Strong ethical and compliance based moral compass, not afraid to speak up if something doesn’t look right and not afraid to ask difficult questions.
- Must have experience of working in an organization with high touch sales teams.
- Must have demonstrable experience of creating new business opportunities and selling via channels (Distribution, resellers, SI’s and MSSP) into the large enterprise, hosting and service provider environments with both own brand solutions and OEM/Alliances solutions.
- Must be willing to roll sleeves up and lead from the front as an individual contributor but liaise with global colleagues about global Channel partners
- Experience of working for East Coast based Company and flexibility of working with stakeholders across international time zones.
- Must be able to make decisions that are right for the business even if not right for them personally in the short term.