Channel Partner Training Manager (Solar Energy)
Less than 5 years experience • Energy / Alternative
A Mission-Driven Company
Sunlight Financial is funding America’s transition to a clean energy future, house-by-house, roof-by-roof. Currently a rapidly growing provider of consumer loans for residential solar, the company is expanding to new products, including energy storage.
Sunlight partners with leading solar and battery installers nationwide to help homeowners save money and protect our environment. The company’s front-end tools and back-end credit expertise simplify and streamline home energy lending, enabling Sunlight’s channel partners to empower homeowners with the benefits of system ownership.
An Empowering and Entrepreneurial Culture
Sunlight Financial empowers its employees to make a positive impact, at our company and in our world. In our entrepreneurial company and young industry, flexibility and initiative are key to our employees’ success in supporting our partners’ evolving requirements. The clean energy revolution is fast moving, and fast changing.
Our salaries are competitive and our benefits are generous. Our culture is collaborative and our teams are interconnected with a mutual desire to succeed, work hard, and have fun.
A Leadership Opportunity
To accelerate our rapid growth, we are hiring an experienced Training Manager with a passion for solar. The Training Manager will lead Sunlight’s training efforts and design and execute a training strategy for Sunlight’s national network of sales and installation companies.
This individual will train our partners’ sales teams in person and online.
The Training Manager will also create educational materials, including slides and videos, to be delivered by account managers and customer support representatives.
Exceptional organizational and communication skills will enable the ideal candidate to develop and deliver clear and concise training content. The Training Manager will work closely and cross-functionally with Sunlight’s Business Development, Operations, Product and Finance teams to create comprehensive training materials and an outstanding experience for our partners.
• Design and execute a strategy and curriculum for teaching solar sales and installation companies about Sunlight’s online portal, loan products, underwriting requirements, status reports, and operations and accounting processes
• Develop training materials to facilitate partner onboarding, new salesperson training, and change management
• Work with partners to validate their understanding of Sunlight’s offerings and processes
• Customize training content and delivery methods for solar companies with different sales tactics (e.g. inside sales, outside sales, door-to-door, etc.), training preferences (e.g. train the trainers, train the salespeople, live and virtual facilitation, peer-based teaching, etc.), organizational processes (e.g. vertically integrated and disaggregated) and geographic footprints (e.g. local and national)
• Perform on-going needs analysis (customer feedback, field interactions, etc.) and leverage results to inform and adjust training strategy and curriculum
• Measure engagement and recommend portal and process improvements to increase partners’ engagement and success
• Communicate with Sunlight’s Business Development, Operations, Product, Finance and Legal teams to ensure that all training materials are accurate, consistent, compliant and reflect Sunlight’s core values
Necessary Skills and Experience
• 3-8years of experience leading sales training development and management, preferably in a young, rapidly growing company with multiple product offerings
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to speak the language of direct sales. • A background in sales or sales management is preferred but not required
• Technical savvy and demonstrated experience in project management, with an ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Bachelor's Degreerequired
An Equal Opportunity Employer
• Sunlight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sunlight complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
• Sunlight expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Sunlight’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.