Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. Currently, our Engineered Fastening division is searching for a results-driven CHANNEL MARKETING MANAGER to support our North American Industrial business unit in Elyria, OH.
- Develop pricing strategies within the industrial channels to drive top line growth
- Manage and mentor Pricing team to deliver timely quotations that achieve sales and profitable results
- Oversee the maintenance of the Company's pricing structure including all price lists, contracts, discounts and promotions
- Track program/promotional effectiveness and recommend changes and improvements as required
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering and Operations to understand cost drivers to ensure price proposals are accurate, competitive and aligned with strategic initiatives
- Work in collaboration with Product Managers to understand marketplace trends impacting price including competitive assessment and customer segmentation
- Mine pricing data to identify trends and recommend pricing actions for targeted customers; Support sales team in customer negotiations and contract development
- Tracks and report key department metrics for monthly leadership meetings; specially quote activity, turnaround time and win rate. Generates additional ad hock reports weekly/monthly.
- Lead implementation of an efficient pricing system and identify process improvements that drives efficiencies in the department and improves quote turnaround time to customers.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related area
- 5-7 years of Commercial experience; including experience in pricing, ideally in a manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years supervisory experience
- Possess solid analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful
- Effective project management, strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of key business measures--sales, gross margin, OM, etc.
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office Suite, specially advanced proficiency in Excel skills and working knowledge of Salesforce.com; experience with JD Edwards a plus
- Possess strong multi-tasking ability as well as ability to manage deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Possess a highly comfortable level for delivering presentations in a small/large group setting internally/externally as well as to all levels of an organization.