The role of this job is to commercialize sales and marketing programs within assignedchannels ofdistribution and to identifychannel-specific business-building opportunities; work cross functionally to deliver sales and profit results through commercialization of the overarching brand/tradestrategies to the customer primarily in the Club Channel.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Market, Shopper, and Channel / End-User Insights
- Compiles market, shopper / end-user, and channel knowledge gaps and creates a summary for the business to review.
- Manages timelines and deliverables for all line/catalog reviews.
- Reviews profiles of competitors and channel customers
- Responsible for competitive and marketplace intelligence and share with the organization, ultimately constructing a competitive profile and comp shop analysis.
- Provide insight to channel/regional strategy for specific channels / customers.
- Manages execution of customer strategy for out year planning
- Contributes and executes priorities set by VP, Director and/or Senior Manager.
- Recommends and tracks success metrics.
- Executes strategy as appropriate.
Customer Planning and Execution
- Responsible for annual channel management planning process relative to area of responsibility.
- Helps align planning process with Newell Rubbermaid and customer planning through the line/catalog review process.
- Understands business, brand, and customer priorities and uses the planning process to find common ground.
- Recommends priorities and drives synergies across customers and brands within area of responsibility.
- Participate in weekly update meetings with sales partners to drive effective planning and updates
- Manage channel situation assessment, including analysis of primary and secondary data across market, shopper, and the channel / region.
- Implements defined initial category management recommendations to optimize performance of shelf set or catalog space, such as optimal SKU assortment, merchandising and shelf/ catalog layout based on the DSMP.
- Assists in annual plan development and calendar of activities.
- Helps recommend a calendar of activities and rationale within scope of responsibility.
- Helps develop program financial and non-financial success metrics based on previous performance. Measures progress and recommends improvements.
- Assists in preparation of financial analysis to ensure plans meet GBU financial requirements
- Utilizes appropriate POS measurements to aid in the decision making process and analysis
- Assists in executing the plan including promotional programs, such as in-store merchandising signage or displays, retailer feature ads, catalog layouts, events (trade shows), and channel-specific marketing support materials. Ensures consistency with brand guidelines and point of sale.
- Manages the line/catalog review preparation process, collaborating with Sales and Brand / Product Management. Works with Sales to drive pre-sell activity with customer, manage/drive expectations, and establish mutual goals for the meeting.
- Provide input for the Ops deck and customer inputs.
- Work with sales to identify IGKM opportunities. Partner with Activation on IGKM opportunity and inputs.
Pricing and Trade Fund Guidance
- Provides updates on channel / regional perspective and needs for pricing to Channel Director.
- Collects and analyzes account pricing and distribution for NWL and competitive brands.
- Collects retailer margin and pricing expectations
- Collects and analyzes channel / regional promotional pricing and pricing activity in line with programming requirements and cost-to-serve, to ensure they are within Brand pricing guardrails. Highlights any inconsistencies to management.
- Tracks, analyzes, and reports potential impact of pricing exceptions on channel / region.
- Tracks and analyzes NWL brand and competitive price within area of responsibility. Recommends potential pricing actions.
- Responsbile for managing trade funds or customer program spending to provided channelbudget.
- Analyzes the effectiveness of trade spend within area of responsibility.
Brand Stewardship and Merchandising Innovation
- Supports the analysis of new product launch and merchandising initiatives.
- Recommends potential launch activation approaches.
- Manages timelines associated with implementation.
- Manages overall new product distribution files.
- Reviews and assists with forecast.
- Manages Customer Monthly and out months/quarter Call, aligned with sales including the monthly billing meeting
- Manage customer risks and growth accelerators.
- Prepares product mix recommendations.
- For the retail partner/at the customer level,
- For the business profitability
- Collects and summarizes business risks and opportunities.
- Engages in S&OP process to provide input, working with Sales to
- Improve forecast accuracy.
- Recommend ideas to reduce finished goods inventory and E&O, and identify unproductive SKU’s.
- Execute and monitor exits and changeovers.
- Bachelor's degree (emphasis in business/marketing or related field), MBA or other advanced degree highly preferred
- 7-10 years of experience working with a leading CPG company (TradeMarketing, Brand Activation, Sales or related position)
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to think creatively, generate options, build consensus, and execute.
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience participating in organizations through change and embracing new ways of working while delivering outstanding business results. Experience in merger situations desirable.
- Aptitude for both strategic thinking and detail-oriented operational management.
- Up to 20% travel may be require
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Club experience a plus
- Experience with a CPG or durable company, ideally in channel management, brand management, insights or sales.
- Developing a multi-year plan or approach and executing at least three-five years of the plan.
- Leading a team of people to achieve results.
- Collaborating with partners and other organizations to achieve results.