Channel Marketing manager - Consumer Electronics
5 - 7 years experience • Consumer Electronics
The Channel Marketing Manager will work closely with sales and is responsible for the creation, management and execution of channel marketing activity in the US. From POS creation to online presence to the management of customer events, your tenacity to deliver best in class integrated campaigns with key accounts will have a direct impact on company performance and will form a key part of the team.
The role of this job is to commercialize sales and marketing programs within all channels of distribution and to identify channel-specific business-building opportunities; work cross functionally to deliver sales and profit results through commercialization of the overarching brand/trade strategies to the customer/channel.
You are an experienced channel marketer with 6-8 years of experience. You will have managed channel marketing in the past for a for a consumer brand (consumer electronics or sporting product, ideally with a hardware product and companion app).
Practical in approach and a great team player, you are excited to build a great young brand through stand out channel activity. You are comfortable collaborating with marketing and sales to execute strategy with channel partners, knowing that more integrated campaigns will yield sales success. You thrive on rolling up your sleeves and getting involved and have a proven track record of using an entrepreneurial approach to maximize return. If currently working for a large organization, it is essential that you can demonstrate how you will be able to adapt to a small company where processes will develop in line with our growth. You’re a hands-on team player, able to work in a very fast environment and hungry to help a young company develop into a great brand.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Interpreting marketing and sales data and developing plans accordingly
- Executing campaigns and managing channel calendars
- Working with channel partners in a B2C environment
- Launching new products / propositions through channel
- Managing multiple channel marketing budgets
- Planning and executing trade shows – experience in event management
- FMCG, consumer electronics or sporting product background
- Demonstrable knowledge of smart and wearable technology market and retail industry including key channel partners
- Personal interest in technology, sports and running is ideal
- Enthusiasm to build a young brand through stand out channel activity
- Strong personal communication skills with the ability to communicate well to different audiences and levels of authority
- Strong writing and presentation skills to formulate compelling selling stories
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in marketing / channel marketing
- Able to work independently (self-starter) and in a team
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong drive to be successful
- Ability to self-manage
- Ability to travel ~50% of the time (trade shows and customer meetings)