Essential Job Responsibilities
- Implements and executes Murata/MEA distribution strategy. Achieves sales growth and market-share gain targets for Murata within the defined area of responsibility. Oversees the creation of PoS annual revenue forecasts and monitors performance of REP and Distributor branches for both overall and by-product technologies.
- Drives REP Distribution Sales Specialists (DSS) to conduct quarterly branch reviews and supports their efforts.
- Strengthens field-level relationships and improves mindshare both with local distributor branches and senior-level distributor management teams.
- Collaborates on strategy setting for local markets with REP’s, Business Development (PM’s), ASM’s and local distribution management teams.
- Drives Design Registration Program from opportunity creation to closure while also highlighting competitive threats.
- Ensures adequate training is performed for REP, distributor branch sales, and Field Application Engineering (FAE) teams in product technologies. Works closely with REP’s, Area Sales Directors/Managers and Sales Managers in reviewing distributor branch training needs and scheduling.
Miscellaneous Job Responsibilities
- Supports Area Sales Management (ASM) team as customer interface and aligns promotion activities within the focus of POS customers.
- Creates and distributes reports, as necessary.
- Supports global transition business for transfer programs outside of assigned territories to ensure a seamless process.
- Performs other job-related responsibilities and duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Critical Thinking & Decision Making
Promotes Innovation & Change
Promotes Murata Philosophy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Business Administration or Management
- Five+ years of experience in distribution sales management
- Three+ years of sales management experience or managing Sales Manufacturing Representatives
- Experience with sales analytics and development of strategic business plans
- Proven success in selling broad technologies through the distributionchannel
- Experience developing and managing market share data and competitive dynamics
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in current Microsoft Office Suite and CRM applications
- Demonstrated success using strategic marketing skills (customer analysis, competitive analysis, pricing and financial modeling, success in new market entry)
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Strong financial and business acumen with knowledge of risk management
- Ability to demonstrate strong proficiency in interpersonal skills including effective collaboration and communication
- Well-developed facilitation skills to work among individuals from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds
- Adaptable to consistently deal with ever-changing conditions
- Strong project management skills
- Other marketing and market-planning knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of target-market industries
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the use of Salesforce.com applications