This position is required to meet or exceed quota targets provided by the company by generating and managing sales by recruiting and managing agent relationships. The Channel Manager I role will help position TPx Communications with the agent community as a top performing Managed Services Provider specializing in Managed IT, Managed Security, Managed WAN and Unified Communications services.
Reports to (Supervisor/Manager):
Reports to Director, Channel Management
Direct Reports: None.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train TPx Agents on products, order process, support procedures, portals, commissions and pricing to secure new revenue with business customers.
- Responsible for initial and ongoing sales training and strategic planning.
- Recruit new agents to sign agent agreements with TPx or work underneath existing agents and their agreements.
- Assist agents to create, present and close opportunities with potential customers.
- Provide ongoing agent channel management by tracking productivity, making program modifications when necessary and forecasting.
- Secure monthly sales implement sales promotions and launching new products services.
- Provide accurate weekly and monthly forecasting and sales funnels to management
- Adhere to all policies and procedures outlined by Human Resources, Sales Operations and Market.
- Provide ongoing communication of product, process or policy changes to your assigned agents.
- As necessary, troubleshoot and communicate issues to various internal departments for resolution
- Offer our agents exemplary response to all forms of communication via UCaaS, phone, email or fax.
- Providing competitive feedback to sales management and marketing on a consistent basis.
- Attend meetings as requested to assist in the development of our products and channel direction.
- Collaborate with Sales Operations to resolve customer and Channel Partner related issues.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent work experience.
- 5 years sales experience working within the Telecommunications industry
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience working within the Agent Channel either for a carrier or Telecom Agency
- Proven successful performance in a sales position with the ability to close and cement sales
- Proven track record of selling multiple products to customers and sales performance achievement in past positions
- Proven track record with being able to work with all departments to promote sales, assist in provisioning or resolve customer issues.
- Experience in selling Managed Solutions like Managed Security, Managed WAN, Managed IT or Unified Communications.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Solid math skills and the ability to analyze order and forecast data.
- Strong written/verbal communications skills including experience dealing directly with customers.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- High degree of flexibility in handling assignments and the ability to adapt to change in the work environment.
- Capable of working in a fast-past environment.
- Must be detail oriented and a highly organized team player.
- Ability to drive personal or company vehicle is an essential function of this position in accordance with company policy.
- Must have a clean DMV with a maximum of 3 points. No DUIs within the past 3 years.
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Personal computer, including word-processing, database, and spreadsheet programs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires regional extensive travel and remote work as well as office time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interviews and reference check; job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.