The Channel Manager is responsible for overseeing Digital Analytics and will work across the organization leveraging web and other digital analytics to improve consumers’ and customers’ online experiences and provide insight into their customer journeys. This requires deep experience in web-based analytics and the ability to provide insight and strategic recommendations to key stakeholders based on analysis and trending of website data. This person must be able to present complicated analytics in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
This individual should be familiar with implementing web tools, in particular Adobe Analytics (Omniture) and Google Analytics for multiple websites with enterprise consolidation in mind. They should have knowledge and understanding of website Quality Assurance QA, tagging requirements, and tag management tools to lead and advise troubleshooting activities.
Central to this role will be the ability to connect deep behavioral insights with revenue generating opportunities, foster partnerships across media purchasing, consumer insights, digital experience, data management, and information technology teams; and to provide thought leadership related to all areas of digital data, scenario based model development, and scalable business operations.
This individual will also drive exploratory data analyses as lead contributor and coach to existing teams new to the field of data science.
- Project manage cross-functional business analytics projects, partnering across teams to create compelling and actionable business insights thru engaging presentations firmly grounded by data.
- Manage a portfolio of projects across the corporation to ensure appropriate prioritization, resourcing and business impact.
- Analyze web traffic and site behavior for customer and business insights to support business decisions and deliver improved customer site experience and business growth (sales, margin, traffic and conversion).
- Maintain data integrity and user privacy.
- Analyze national and local campaign results to optimize the paid media spend across marketing channels based on ROAS.
- Work with analytics vendors and outside agencies to optimize Kohler’s analytics efforts.
- Act as a thought leader for the use of data and analytics to drive critical business decisions, business strategy and be able to serve as a coach/mentor for data analysts on the team.
- Plan and manage the analytics corporate budgets.
- Inform data capture via tagging, tracking, and behavioral measurement plans across all communication tools for Kohler’s paid, earned and owned media.
- Design, implement and track KPIs to measure performance against strategic goals, identify emerging trends and provide insights about the drivers of performance.
- Work with the India Tech Center (ITC) for consistent QA of the analytics implementation, overseeing test and validation of analytics code.
- Develop visual intelligence tools and executive dashboards for monitoring business performance.
- Prepare case studies and best practices on campaigns that best utilize data and research.
- Be the subject matter expert on digital analytics by staying abreast of the latest digital intelligence technologies (data management, analytics and optimization), industry best practices and advancements in digital measurement to ensure the analytics team is always delivering advanced, innovative solutions focused on performance improvements for our businesses.
- Respond to ad-hoc inquiries about specific web analytics questions.
- Four-year degree required. Emphasis in Business, Advertising, Anthropology, Communications, Mathematics, Psychology, Statistics or Online Marketing. Data Science preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of business domain experience in advertising, customer service, finance, manufacturing, marketing, retail, or supply chain. 3-5 years preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in analytics, data science, business intelligence, or digital marketing. 5-7 years preferred.
- Strong knowledge of web analysis tools, in specific Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics. Strong interest and familiarity with the Internet required.
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g. geoplotlib, ggplot2, Tableau, Power BI).
- Experienced with advanced analytics languages (e.g. Python, R, Scala, SQL, GraphQL).
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and communicate findings to technical and non- technical audiences.
- Skilled at synthesizing data, interpreting data and processing observations into actionable recommendations.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint required. Detail-oriented and possess excellent project management skills.
- Motivated by continuing education (seminars, classes, magazines, books, etc.). Embrace the role of a teacher to educate Consumer Channel staff.