Channel FP&A, Finance Manager
Finance | Santa Monica
Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
The person in this role will support the high growth Roku Channel business, partnering closely with the Advertising, Content Distribution & Audience Development teams. This role provides analytical and direct business supportincluding the forecast, monthly close and annual plan processes and involves the coordination of business inputs across multiple departments, creation of forecast and results analysis and reporting packages.
The job provides the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of the content licensing businesses supported by AVOD and SVOD monetization models.
This role reports to the Sr. Manager of FP&A, Content & Services, Los Gatos office. The role will require travel to the Los Gatos office at least once a quarter.
- Business partner with The Roku Channel team to accurately forecast Roku Channel Revenue, COGS, Headcount and Opex across AVOD and SVOD businesses
- Create financial dashboard & reporting for the Roku Channel, identifying key performance indicators and trajectory to plan & forecast
- Build models and reporting for various business segments such as international, off-platform.
- Have a clear understanding of application of revenue recognition rules in P&L forecasts
- Work closely with Accounting during month end close to ensure complete and accurate accruals
- Identify key variance drivers to explain variances to plan, forecast, YoY & QoQ.
- Work closely with budget owners to coordinate annual plan & forecast inputs and provide analysis as needed.
- Provide ad hoc P&L modeling and in-depth analysis to drive intelligent decision making
- 5+ years of FP&A experience, ideally in a high growth advertising or media company
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject
- Ability to understand complex business drivers, produce high-quality analytics and communicate results effectively
- Excellent communicator and collaborator across multiple departments. Practices a service-oriented business partnering approach.
- Eagerness to work in a start-up team environment that will be rapidly changing
- Comfortable in an evolving environment and eagerness for problem solving
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Salesforce / DFP / NetSuite / Adaptive experience a plus
Characteristics of success at Roku:
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Positive attitude
- Non political
- Results oriented
- Hands on and team oriented
- Desire to win in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to adjust plan and react as needed