Accountable for the development and execution of an indirect sales strategy to identify and pursue opportunities to gain trade partner participation and support of assigned energy efficiency programs to drive Xcel Energy's corporate initiatives. Responsible for identifying and capturing new trade and strengthen existing relationships with senior level members and executives of the trade network and indirect sales channels (such a manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers) in the end-use equipment markets. Additionally, they will apply sales experience and technical expertise to develop and execute communications, promotions and delivery of training plans to third party channels.
- Manage the development of trade partner outreach plans to increase sales activity and support of Xcel Energy’s CIP/DSM products and services. This will involve identifying and prioritizing trade partners and their companies to recruit and then develop promotional and personal selling tactics that maximize participation and increase the penetration of high efficiency technologies in the market.
- Develop and implement proactive sales strategies and incentives by utilizing expertise in marketing and sales to increase activity and influence trade partner’s financial decisions and energy efficiency offerings. Anticipate, develop and ensure effective implementation of marketing and regulatory strategies that meets the needs of Xcel's operating companies and business units.
- Perform and direct in-depth budget and sales forecasts for third party channels to avoid industry risk and identify new opportunities. Leverage business area systems and data to identify, develop and deliver impactful metrics and other analytics and/or automated solutions to trade. Responsible for capturing and recording trade needs by creating appropriate sales plan and utilizing sales tracking systems.
- Serve as key spokesperson for Xcel Energy to the tradenetwork on issues of importance to the company. Maintain memberships and actively participate in professional and community associations to represent Company to promote all business objectives.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with trade executive leadership to allow for effective achievement of business goals and compliance with regulatory and legislative issues and recommend strategies that align with Xcel Energy's strategic objectives.
- Design, implement and manage public relations and outreach activities to promote energy efficiency through newsletters, events, trade shows, etc. Develop, implement, and monitor the tradebudget while driving cost efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, or related field required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years sales and/or business development experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in strategic sales planning.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and persuasion skills are necessary.
- Technical knowledge of the utility industry, as well as understanding of finance and business necessary.
- A strong collaborator with a proven ability to build and maintain senior level relationships.
- Ability to work seamlessly within the broader team to achieve desired results.
- Exceptional analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including decision making and planning required.
- Effective public speaking and presentation skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Power Point, Outlook, Word, and Excel software.
- Technical knowledge in lighting, HVAC, utility systems, energy efficiency programs, and/or building system.
- Previous utility or energy efficient equipment salesexperience.