The role will work the Distributional Development, Manager, and report closely into theVice President of Channels & Alliances. The CDM will support activities with primary distribution partner, regional distribution, and provide feedback to channel management where partner capacity and coverage is needed. CDM will be expected to have knowledge and expertise of key distribution team members to support channel, solution selling, and build this expertise on an ongoing basis.
A successful candidate will understand in depth the Distribution and VAR market, operational processes, and how partners can drive customer consumption. Candidates have a proven record in driving growth with a Distributor and mutual partners such as Strategic Alliances, National Partners, Regional Partners, and Distribution-managed Partners.
- Support Activities in Strategic Distributor
- Manage Regional Distributors activities
- As directed, support new and existing channel partners to increase product sales.
- Build positive working relationship with partners to ensure smooth partner services.
- Support partners activities to recruit and on-board new Deep Instinct Re-seller partners to build business.
- Coordinate with partners to identify new business opportunities for revenue generation.
- Educate partners on product portfolio and complimentary services offered.
- Work with partners to conduct product presentations to end users.
- Provide proposals, quotations and pricings to partners.
- Analyze sales contracts with respect to legal and financial perspectives.
- Develop profitable business model based on market trends and competitor activity.
- Implement sales programs for product positioning and promotions.
- Ensure that partners are up-to-date with product information.
- Introduce new products and its features to partners.
- Conduct business review with partners and recommend improvements.
- Capturing of accurate distribution, complete partner, and customer data in SFDC
- 8+ years' experience developing and leading complex partner relationships. Preference for experience in IT Sales, Security Software, Infrastructure.
- Extensive understanding of and experience with VAR and Distribution partners and what works best with each
- Experience in sales, marketing, strategy and program management in technology including channel sales, distribution
- Disciplined and accountable. Demonstrates a tendency to work with a Partner's needs in mind and work backward from there to achieve mutual success.
- Business/Corporate Development experience running all aspects of strategic transactions.
- Experience collaborating with all areas of business from engineering, sales, and marketing to C-level
- Extremely strong communication and effective negotiation skills.
- Strong persuasive skills and ability to influence decision makers
- Expert knowledge and understanding of all business development activities
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a successful track record of running a deal.