Channel Development Manager - Midwest (Chicagoland)
Manage and accelerate partner relationships that support our sales teams that you are assigned to support. Cohesity will have between 6-8 sales teams (Rep + SE) in the assigned territory. We have identified 4-5 strategic partners that align with each sales team where we are focused on developing highly productive and beneficial relationships. The objective of this role is to accelerate the sales growth of Cohesity by effectively leveraging our partners. Cohesity is 100% Channel. This role will require heavy travel within the territory and occasional travel elsewhere for training, QBR and industry events. The travel expectation is estimated at an average 3-4 days/week.
Location - Greater Chicago area
Responsible for the management and enablement of Channel Partners in Cohesity Partner Ecosystem. Responsibilities include:
- Building and managing account and partner plans including managing the tasks within the Channel Management System (CMS)
- Growing pipeline strategically; managing pipeline conversion
- Creating awareness, demand and preference for company products and services.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to drive bookings
- Identifying, recruiting and developing new Partners to sell and provide services
- Forecasting partner pipeline conversion in coordination with the sales teams
- Develops and actively manages a sales strategy and jointly developed business plan for assigned Partner/Distribution account(s). Uses business plan(s) as a roadmap for partner growth, management of the account(s), Alliances leverage and contribution to Cohesity objectives
- Enables Partner sales and technical teams in line with GTM plan and partner program requirements as well as clearly defined outcomes and metrics.
- Tracks partner performance-to-plan and identifies actions plans to address enablement, engagement, pipeline and bookings gaps
- Delivers company strategy/vision to Partner sales and technical teams in a compelling fashion to drive pipeline and bookings gaps
- Develops selling & services opportunities with and within Partner organizations; penetrate new divisions and organizations within assigned Partner accounts.
- Coordinates marketing activities. Leverage Cohesity marketing resources to determine prioritization, execution, and ROI.
- 8+ years of demonstrable channel management experience
- Possess the strongest of sales skills and the highest level of technical and business acumen.
- Extensive breadth and depth of knowledge arrived through exposure to complex business situations.
- Proven experience in the growth of top Distribution Managed Partners through Distributors
- Ability in creating awareness, demand and preference for company products and services
- Experienced in working with cross functional teams to coordinate marketing activities to determine prioritization, execution, and ROI from partners
- Successfully designed effective engagement with partners in prev job
- Ability to successfully design effective engagement with partners
- Strong achievement against quota
- Experience in working with customers and technology partners
- Very comfortable presenter of technical and business material to both small and large groups
- Self-motivated and a self-starter, comfortable working remotely and autonomously
- Ability to travel >50%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field, or equivalent experience
Cohesity provides excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins., Disability, Unlimited PTO, etc. There will be RSUs offered as part of the package, which are based on the last approved valuation of Cohesity related to our options program.
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates: