Channel Account Manager
The Channel Account Manager is responsible for channel partner administration, account renewals, upgrades, customer service and maintenance escalation activities. Also responsible for efficient and timely coordination of all channel partner support requirements.
What you’ll be doing:
- Effectively pitches, qualifies and closes data center maintenance contract renewals and upgrades using technical selling skills and offering knowledge to partners.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Manages opportunities throughout the entire solution selling process and leverages various sales tools and resources during the closing process.
- Identifies decision makers and influencers; identifies needs and develops relationships with many levels of personnel within accounts; interacts with individuals and groups in various types of roles.
- Initiates timely communications via phone calls and on-site visits as necessary.
- Develops annual sales plan in conjunction with EVP of Sales, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the Sales Associate on meeting or exceeding quota.
- Coordinates and drives strategic conversations and business initiatives between territory reps and partners.
- Develops, builds and reports on pipeline of opportunities by staying in touch with existing partner reps, field reps and territory reps.
- Completely understands competitive landscape, pricing, and proposal models.
- Determines when to involve additional company resources to address specific sales and technical issues.
- Documents activities in CRM program.
- Stays current with industry changes in technology and influences.
- Stays current with company’s objectives; may lead the company into new, profitable revenue streams.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Actively participates and contributes in training and educational programs offered to company employees.
- Routinely assesses time management effectiveness and addresses opportunities to operate more efficiently and effectively.
- Prepares reports.
- Quote delivery.
- Assists with opportunity creation and revisions as needed.
- Responds to miscellaneous channel partner and customer requests.
- Relationships and Roles:
- Proactively establishes and maintains positive, growing professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Builds trust, values others, drives execution, fosters innovation, focuses on the customer, collaborates with others, solves problems creatively and demonstrates high integrity.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- Five (5) years sales experience, including IT oriented sales; knowledge of computers, servers, storage and the ability to provide an integrated solution to prospects and customers is helpful.