What you will do and how you will do it
- Partners with Key and Target customers to reach optimal sales levels.
- Recommends product solutions and links to customer goals to strategic initiatives to provide a value-add solution and competitive advantage.
- Differentiates and leverages Johnson Controls product offerings from competitors based on the overall benefit of doing business with Johnson Controls.
- Creates partnering opportunities with the principles responsible for the decision making process.
- Actively listens, probes customers to identify concerns.
- Understands customer's business and speaks their language.
- Develops credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- Manages ongoing sales process and responds to and anticipates customer needs.
- Involved in the development and execution of account sales.
- Responsible for meeting assigned product sales goals and objectives.
- Using Johnson Controls account management principles and Playbook with assigned accounts, conducts quarterly strategic account review sessions, Ensures that the customer fully understands and executes appropriate actions towards the co-developed sales plans to achieve the sales goals and objectives identified.
- Develops relationships with the key stake holders (Owner, Branch Manager(s), outside/inside sales, counter manager and counter sales).
- Following our demand creation strategy, actively pursues new business in the market and drives business to our distribution partners
- Price and Margin management
- Store merchandising and maximizing of Johnson Controls product exposure, including counter days and promotional events
- Support of National Account events, trade shows, customer business conferences, advisory council, showcase visits and other annual meetings as defined by the customer
- Pursues continuous personal development through training and education efforts.
- Works well with territory and regional teams to accomplish sales initiatives
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or equivalent sales and technical experience.
- Minimum of eight year’s progressive, direct sales experience, preferably in the HVAC or Building Automation Controls industry.
- Able to relate to people at all levels, communicating both on a technical and non-technical basis.
- MBA is preferred.
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses excellent presentation skills and proficiency at making one-on-one and group presentations.
- Able to travel a minimum of 50%.